Quantum billiards in multidimensional models with fields of forms
- 42 Downloads
A Bianchi type I cosmological model in (n + 1)-dimensional gravity with several forms is considered. When the electric non-composite brane ansatz is adopted, the Wheeler-DeWitt (WDW) equation for the model, written in a conformally covariant form, is analyzed. Under certain restrictions, asymptotic solutions to the WDW equation near the singularity are found, which reduce the problem to the so-called quantum billiard on the (n − 1)-dimensional Lobachevsky space ℍ n−1. Two examples of quantum billiards are considered: a 2-dimensional quantum billiard for a 4D model with three 2-forms and a 9D quantum billiard for an 11D model with 120 4-forms, whichmimics the SM2-brane sector of D = 11 supergravity. For certain solutions, vanishing of the wave function at the singularity is proved.
KeywordsCosmological Model Asymptotic Solution Bianchi Type Multidimensional Model Quantum Cosmology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. M. Chitre, PhD. thesis (University of Maryland, 1972).Google Scholar
- 4.C. W. Misner, The Mixmaster cosmological metrics, preprint UMCP PP94-162; gr-qc/9405068.Google Scholar
- 7.V. D. Ivashchuk, A. A. Kirillov, and V. N. Melnikov, On stochastic behavior of multidimensional cosmological models near the singularity, Pis’ma ZhETF 60(4), 225 (1994) (in Russian) [JETP Lett. 60, 235 (1994)].Google Scholar
- 13.A. Kleinschmidt and H. Nicolai, Cosmological quantum billiards, Arxiv: 0912.0854.Google Scholar
- 19.C. W. Misner, In: Magic without magic: John Archibald Wheeler, ed. J. R. Klauder (Freeman, San Francisko, 1972).Google Scholar