Refrigeration generation using expander-generator units
- 63 Downloads
The problems of using the expander–generator unit (EGU) to generate refrigeration, along with electricity were considered. It is shown that, on the level of the temperatures of refrigeration flows using the EGU, one can provide the refrigeration supply of the different consumers: ventilation and air conditioning plants and industrial refrigerators and freezers. The analysis of influence of process parameters on the cooling power of the EGU, which depends on the parameters of the gas expansion process in the expander and temperatures of cooled environment, was carried out. The schematic diagram of refrigeration generation plant based on EGU is presented. The features and advantages of EGU to generate refrigeration compared with thermotransformer of steam compressive and absorption types were shown, namely: there is no need to use the energy generated by burning fuel to operate the EGU; beneficial use of the heat delivered to gas from the flow being cooled in equipment operating on gas; energy production along with refrigeration generation, which makes it possible to create, using EGU, the trigeneration plants without using the energy power equipment. It is shown that the level of the temperatures of refrigeration flows, which can be obtained by using the EGU on existing technological decompression stations of the transported gas, allows providing the refrigeration supply of various consumers. The information that the refrigeration capacity of an expander–generator unit not only depends on the parameters of the process of expansion of gas flowing in the expander (flow rate, temperatures and pressures at the inlet and outlet) but it is also determined by the temperature needed for a consumer and the initial temperature of the flow of the refrigeration–carrier being cooled. The conclusion was made that the expander–generator units can be used to create trigeneration plants both at major power plants and at small energy.
Keywordsexpander–generator unit refrigeration generation refrigeration-capacity the influence of the process parameters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. S. Agababov, A. A. Sukhikh, K. I. Kuznetsov, A. A. Rogova, and A. A. Korshikova, “Experimental studies of methods of work of heat-pumping plant at joint making of warm and cold,” Novoe v Ross. Eelektroenerg., No. 9, 26–38 (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. Agababov, U. I. Smirnova, and P. A. Tideman, “Development of high-effective stean-gas power station schemes with the simultaneous production of warm and cold,” Novoe v Ross. Eelektroenerg., No. 8, 16–25 (2013).Google Scholar
- 3.A. V. Klimenko, V. S. Agababov, N. O. Baidakova, Yu. O. Baidakova, E. N. Oleinikova, and P. A. Tideman, “Effect of external air temperature on thermodynamic effectiveness of steam-gas plant with the unit for the simultaneous production of warm and cold,” Novoe v Ross. Eelektroenerg., No. 10, 5–19 (2013).Google Scholar
- 4.A. V. Klimenko, V. S. Agababov, V. D. Rozhnatovskii, Yu. O. Baidakova, A. A. Rogova, and P. A. Tideman, “Estimation of the technical—economical effectiveness in steam-gas plant with steam-compression heat pump,” Novoe v Ross. Eelektroenerg., No. 12, 5–14 (2013).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Klimenko, V. S. Agababov, A. A. Rogova, and P. A. Tideman, “Schemes of steam gas turbine plant of condensation type and steam gas turbine plant of cogeneration type with systems of simultaneous production of heat and cooling,” Energosber. Vodopodg., No. 1, 20–23 (2014).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Göppert, T. Urbaneck, T. U. Ulf, U. B. Platzer, U. Göschel, and D. Zimmerman, Machbarkeitsuntersuchung zur Strkung der Kraft-Wrme-Klte-Kopplung durch den Einsatz von Kältespeichern in groen Versorgungssystemen, Stadtwerke Chemnitz AG, Bereich Netze, Abteilung Fernwärme, Fernkälte. 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.P. L. Kapitsa, “Turbo-expander for low temperature aqusition and its application for air liquation,” Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 9, 99–123 (1939).Google Scholar
- 8.V. S. Agababov and A. V. Koryagin, Fuelless Expander–Generator Plants: A Tutorial, (Mos. Energ. Inst., Moscow, 2011) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.GOST (State Standards) 24393-80. Refrigeratory Technique. Terms and Determinations (Izd. Standartov, Moscow, 1980).Google Scholar
- 10.V. S. Agababov, A. V. Koryagin, A. Yu. Arkharova, A. R. Andreev, R. I. Frolov, N. V. Malafeeva, A. A. Garyaev, and E. S. Solov’eva, RF Patent 43630, (Otkrytiya. Izobreteniya, Moscow, 2005), no. 3.Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Agababov, A. Yu. Arkharova, and N. V. Malafeeva, RF Patent 46565, (Otkrytiya. Izobreteniya, Moscow, 2005), No. 19.Google Scholar