Mathematical modeling of the partial oxidation of hydrocarbons in a multiple-shelf reactor for the case of methylacrolein synthesis
- 37 Downloads
A numerical study of the mathematical model of a multiple-shelf reactor in which the fixed beds of a porous catalyst alternate with built-in heat exchangers is performed. The possibility of carrying out the process of methylacrolein production by the partial oxidation of isobutylene by air oxygen is shown and the optimum conditions are determined.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ioffe, I.I. and Pis’men, L.M., Inzhenernaya khimiya geterogennogo kataliza (Engineering Chemistry of Heterogeneous Catalysis), Leningrad: Khimiya, 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.Shatunova, E.N., Vaganov, D.A., and Butakov, A.A., Study of the Macrokinetics of the Partial Oxidation of Isobutylene in Tubular Reactors with the Fixed Bed of a Catalyst, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 1994, vol. 28, no. 2, p. 145.Google Scholar
- 3.Slin’ko, M.G., History of the Development of Mathematical Modeling of Catalytic Processes and Reactors, Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol., 2007, vol. 41, no. 1, p. 16 [Theor. Found. Chem. Eng. (Engl. Transl.), vol. 41, no. 1, p. 3].Google Scholar
- 5.Vinogradova, O.M., Linde, V.R., Lubentsov, B.Z., et al., Oxidation of Isobutylene to Methylacrolein over a K-38 Catalyst, Sb. tr. Vsesoyuz. konf. “Kinetika-3” (Proc. All-Union Conf. “Kinetics-3”), Kalinin, 1980, vol. 1, p. 85.Google Scholar
- 6.Merzhanov, A.G., Zelikman, E.G., and Abramov, V.G., Degenerate Modes of Thermal Explosion, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 1968, vol. 180, no. 3, p. 639.Google Scholar