On Double Wave Type Flows
- 7 Downloads
We study the potential double wave equation and the system of spatial double wave equations. In the class of solutions of multiple wave type, these equations are reduced to an ODE and the system of ODEs respectively. We find some exact solutions and obtain formulas for the contact lines of the corresponding double waves with a simple wave, show that in a neighborhood of an arbitrary point in the plane of self-similar variables there exists a special flow of potential double wave type, and construct a spatial double wave type flow around a specified smooth body.
Keywordsnonlinear PDEs potential double waves spatial double waves method of characteristics exact solutions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Sidorov A. F. and Yanenko N. N., “On the question about unsteady plane polytropic gas flows with rectangular characteristics,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, vol. 123, no. 5, 832–834 (1958).Google Scholar
- 3.Rubina L. I. and Ulyanov O. N., “A geometric method for solving nonlinear partial differential equations,” Trudy Inst. Mat. i Mekh. UrO RAN, vol. 16, no. 2, 130–145 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Rubina L. I. and Ulyanov O. N., “Towards the differences in behavior of solutions of linear and nonlinear heat-conduction equations,” Vestnik Yuzhno-Uralsk. Gos. Univ. Ser. Mat., Mech., Fiz., vol. 5, no. 2, 52–59 (2013).Google Scholar
- 8.Sidorov A. F., “New regimes of the unbounded unshocked compression of a gas,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk, vol. 364, no. 2, 199–202 (1999).Google Scholar
- 13.Cartan È., Exterior Differential Systems and Its Geometric Applications [Russian translation], Moscow Univ., Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 15.Ibragimov N. H., Meleshko S. V., and Rudenko O. V., “Group analysis of evolutionary integro-differential equations describing nonlinear waves: The general model,” J. Phys. A: Math. Theor., 2011. No. 44.315201.Google Scholar