Thermodynamic characteristics of sorption extraction and chromatographic separation of anionic complexes of erbium and cerium with Trilon B on weakly basic anionite
- 32 Downloads
The adsorption of anionic complexes of erbium with Trilon B on D-403 anionite is studied at ionic strengths of 1 and 2 mol/kg (NaNO3) and temperatures of 298 and 343 K. The values of the stability constants of complex ions of REE with Trilon B and the Gibbs energies of complexation are calculated. The values of the Gibbs energy and the enthalpy and entropy of ion exchange are determined. Using the obtained thermo-dynamic and sorption characteristics, the possible separation of anionic complexes of erbium and cerium with Trilon B is demonstrated via frontal ion-exchange chromatography. A series of sorption capacities of anionic complexes of cerium, yttrium, and erbium is presented using the values of the Gibbs energy of ion exchange.
Keywordsethylenediaminetetraacetatoerbate ions ion exchange D-403 anionite linearization of the law of mass action frontal ion-exchange chromatography sorption separation of REEs series of REE sorption capacities thermodynamic potentials of ion exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.G. R. Kolonin, O. L. Gas’kova, and G. P. Shironosova, Vestn. Otd. Nauk Zemle RAN, No. 1 (21), 1 (2003). http://wwwscgisru/russian/cp1251/h_dgggms/1-2003/ informbul-1/hydroterm-7pdfGoogle Scholar
- 4.A. A. Arkhipova, M. A. Statkus, T. I. Tikhomirova, et al., Sorbtsion. Khromatogr. Protsessy 14, 214 (2014).Google Scholar
- 5.N. M. Dyatlova, V. Ya. Temkina, and K. I. Popov, Complexons and Complexonats of Metals (Khimiya, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.S. B. Savin, Arsenazo III (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.Short Handbook of Physical Chemical Values, Ed. by A. A. Ravdel’ and A. M. Ponomareva, 10th ed. (Ivan Fedorov, St. Petersburg, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.I. V. Mironov, Medium Effects on Complex Formation in Electrolyte Solutions (Inst. Neorg. Khim. SO RAN, Novosibirsk, 2003) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 12.O. V. Cheremisina, M. A. Ponomareva, D. E. Chirkst, O. L. Lobacheva, and I. A. Shul’gin, Russ. J. Phys. Chem. A 89, 119 (2015).Google Scholar
- 13.K. B. Yatsimirskii, N. A. Kostromina, Z. A. Sheka, et al., Chemistry of Rare-Earth Complexes (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1966) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 15.V. P. Vasil’ev, Thermodynamic Properties of Solutions of Electrolytes (Vyssh. Shkola, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar