Determining the sizes of micropores in activated charcoals by the pulsed NMR method
- 47 Downloads
The pulsed NMR method was used to measure the nuclear spin-spin relaxation of protons of water adsorbed in micropores of activated charcoal (AC) samples with different porous structures. A correlation was found between the spin-spin relaxation time of water protons in AC with completely filled micropores and the volume density of water primary adsorption centers in the AC samples. An equation for approximating obtained dependences is proposed that allows us to determine the volume of micropores in AC.
Keywordsmicropores activated charcoals pulsed NMR method spin-spin relaxation water adsorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Gregg and K. Sing, Adsorption, Surface Area, and Porosity (Mir, Moscow, 1970; Academic, New York, 1982), pp. 105–112.Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Dubinin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 9 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Dubinin, Progress Surf. Membrane Sci. 9, 1 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.K. R. Brownstein and C. E. Tarr, J. Magn. Reson. 26, 17 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.E. V. Khozina, R. Sh. Vartapetyan, and D. Sh. Idiyatullin, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 1881 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Sh. Gogelashvili, R. Sh. Vartapetyan, D. V. Ladychuk, Yu. B. Grunin, and E. V. Khozina, Kolloidn. Zh. 65, 595 (2003) [Colloid. J. 65, 545 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 8.G. Sh. Gogelashvili, R. Sh. Vartapetyan, D. V. Ladychuk, Yu. B. Grunin, and E. V. Khozina, Kolloidn. Zh. 66, 1 (2004) [Colloid. J. 66, 271 (2004)].Google Scholar
- 12.K. R. Brownstein and C. E. Tarr, J. Magn. Reson. 26, 17 (1977).Google Scholar
- 13.R. Sh. Vartapetyan and A. M. Voloshchuk, Usp. Khim. 64, 1055 (1995).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Sh. Vartapetyan, A. M. Voloshchuk, G. A. Petukhova, and N. S. Polyakov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 12, 2048 (1993).Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. B. Grunin, I. N. Ermolenko, and L. E. Shpilevskaya, Vestn. Akad. Nauk BSSR, No. 1, 21 (1987).Google Scholar