Genetic variation and taxonomy of Rasbora group (Cyprinidae) from Lake Laut Tawar, Indonesia
- 60 Downloads
There were three presumed form of Rasbora found in Lake Laut Tawar, i.e. Depik, Eas and Relo. However, their phylogenetic status was remaining unclear. For this purposes the genetic data were utilized to resolve the taxonomic ambiguity of Rasbora group in Lake Laut Tawar. Approximately 655-bp were amplified from the 5′ region of the mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase subunit I (cox1) gene using the primer pairs (Fish F1 and Fish R1). A total of 14 haplotype sequences were produced from the ingroup where haplotypes 1 to 8 were shared by Eas and Depik, and haplotypes 9 to 14 were belonging to Relo. The genetic divergence varied from 0.2 to 9.6% i.e. between Eas and Relo, 9.6% and between Depik and Relo, 9.5%. The genetic data strongly indicated that Eas and Depik should be regarded as the same species of Rasbora tawarensis.
KeywordsDepik Eas Relo Rasbora tawarensis Aceh Province
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Armstrong, M.P. and Cadrin, S.X., Morphometric variation among spawning groups of the Gulf of Maine-George Bank herring complex. Herring: Expectations for a new millennium, Alaska Sea Grant College Program, AK-SG-01-04, 2001.Google Scholar
- Brittan, M.R., Rasboras, Keeping and Breeding Them in Captivity, New Jersey: TFH Publications, 1998.Google Scholar
- Muchlisin, Z.A., Musman, M., and Siti-Azizah, M.N., Spawning Seasons of Rasbora tawarensis in Lake Laut Tawar, Aceh Province, Indonesia, Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol., 2010a, vol. 8, no. 49.Google Scholar
- Muchlisin, Z.A., Musman, M., Fadli, N., and Siti-Azizah, M.N., Fecundity and Spawning Frequency of Rasbora tawarensis (Pisces: Cyprinidae) an Endemic Species from Lake Laut Tawar, Aceh, Indonesia, AACL Bioflux, 2011a, vol. 4, no.3, pp. 273–279.Google Scholar
- Muchlisin, Z.A., Fadli, N., Rudi, E., Mendo, T., and Siti Azizah, M.N., Estimation of Production Trend of the Depik, Rasbora tawarensis (Teleostei, Cyprinidae), in Lake Laut Tawar, Indonesia, AACL Bioflux, 2011b, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 590–597.Google Scholar
- Nei, M. and Kumar, S., Molecular Evolution and Phylogenetics, New York: Oxford University Press, 333 p.Google Scholar