Dynamics of oxide phases on the surface of single- and polycrystalline Pb1 − x Sn x Te films upon their investigation by the raman light scattering method
- 67 Downloads
We have studied Raman spectra of single- and polycrystalline Pb1 − x Sn x Te (0 ≤ x ≤ 1) films on different substrates in relation to the intensity of the laser action. The composition of oxide phases on the surface of lead-tin telluride films has been described, and their modification as a result of photostimulated oxidation of the surface during measurements of spectra has been analyzed. We have shown that, for films with a small mole fraction of tin telluride (x ≤ 0.26), irrespective of the crystalline state, predominant oxidation of tellurium with the formation of the compound TeO2 takes place during the laser action. In films with a high content of tin, at a laser-action intensity higher than 1000 μW, tellurium dioxide TeO2 on the surface is replaced with tin dioxide SnO2.
KeywordsPbTe SnTe Lead Telluride Lead Chalcogenide Tellurium Dioxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.E. P. Zaretskaya and V. F. Gremenok, Opt. Spektrosk. 101(6), 992 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Belogorokhov, L. I. Belogorokhova, D. R. Khokhlov, and S. V. Lemeshko, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 36, 701 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Volodin, A. N. Akimov, and M. P. Sinyukov, Fazovye Perekhody, Uporyad. Sostoyan. Novye Mater. No. 4, 36 (2012).Google Scholar
- 20.K. Mcguire, Z. W. Pan, Z. L. Wang, D. Milkie, J. Menendez, A. M. Rao, J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2(5), 499 (2002).Google Scholar
- 22.T. S. Zyubina, A. S. Zyubin, L. V. Yashina, and V. I. Shtanov, Zh. Neorg. Khim. 53(5), 817 (2008).Google Scholar