Bimetallic Pt0.5Co0.5/SiO2 Catalyst: Preparation, Structure, and Properties in Preferential Oxidation of Carbon Monoxide
- 37 Downloads
The Pt0.5Со0.5/SiO2 catalyst has been prepared by the decomposition of a [Pt(NH3)4][Co(C2O4)2(H2O)2]. 2H2O binary complex salt supported in the pores of SiO2 pellets. It has been shown by a complex of physical and chemical methods that Pt0.5Со0.5/SiO2 contains alloy nanoparticles with an average composition Pt0.5Co0.5. The catalytic properties of Pt0.5Со0.5/SiO2 are studied in the preferential oxidation of СО in the reaction mixtures with various compositions. It was found that Pt0.5Со0.5/SiO2 has a high selectivity and makes it possible to decrease the outlet concentration of CO to a level of <10 ppm, and the presence of СО2 and/or Н2О in the reaction mixture almost does not affect its catalytic properties. The structure of the catalyst is stable under the conditions of preferential CO oxidation.
Keywordspreferential CO oxidation selective CO oxidation bimetallic catalysts binary complex salts
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Buchwalter, P., Rose, J., and Braunstein, P., Chem. Rev., 2015, vol. 115, issue 1, p. 28.Google Scholar
- 3.Blaser, H.-U., Malan, C., Pugin, B., Spindler, F., Steiner, H., and Studer, M., Adv. Synth. Catal., 2003, vol. 345, nos. 1 + 2, p. 103.Google Scholar
- 7.Nguyen, L., Zhang, S., Yoon, S.J., and Tao, F., Chem-CatChem, 2015, vol. 7, p. 2346.Google Scholar
- 26.Potemkin, D.I., Snytnikov, P.V., Semitut, E.Yu., Plyusnin, P.E., Shubin, Yu.V., and Sobyanin, V.A., Kataliz v Promyshlennosti, 2013, vol. 13, no. 5, p. 45.Google Scholar
- 29.Ouyang, X. and Besser, R.S., J. Power Sources, 2005, vol. 141, issue 1, p. 39.Google Scholar