On the structure of copper(II) coordination compounds with L-histidine
- 72 Downloads
Quantum chemical calculations are performed for the spatial and electron structure of complex compounds of L-histidine and its ionized forms with copper(II) for a variety of compositions within the density functional theory (DFT) using the B3LYP functional and 6-311G(d) basis. The solvent (water) is considered within the PCM approximation. EPR spectroscopy is used to study the equilibrium in the copper(II)–L-histidine system in an aqueous solution at рН 2–11. A comparison between the theoretical calculations and the EPR spectra suggests the following geometry for the coordination environment of the copper(II) ion in the complex compounds: CuHLL–square-planar coordination; CuL2, CuHLL′, and CuLL′–distorted square pyramid; and CuL2′–octahedral environment.
KeywordsL-histidine EPR DFT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. L. Eichhorn (ed.), Inorganic Biochemistry, Amsterdam–London–New York (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.S. N. Bolotin, N. N. Bukov, V. A. Volynkin, and V. T. Panyushkin, Coordination Chemistry of Natural Amino Acids [in Russian], LKI, Moscow (2007).Google Scholar
- 3.А. М. Т. Sanz, P. J. C. Rodriguez, and M. F. J. Garcia, Chem. Commun., 57, 1405 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.V. T. Panyushkin, Spectroscopy of Coordination Compounds of REEs [in Russian], Rostov Univ., Rostov-on-Don (1984).Google Scholar
- 11.G. G. Gorboletova and A. A. Metlin, Zh. Fiz. Khim., 89, No. 2, 237–242 (2015).Google Scholar
- 21.S. N. Bolotin, A. V. Vashchuk, and V. T. Panyushkin, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 66, No. 8, 1360 (1996).Google Scholar
- 22.S. N. Bolotin and V. T. Panyushkin, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 68, No. 6, 1034 (1998).Google Scholar
- 23.B. P. Demidovich and I. A. Maron, Fundamental of Computational Mathematics [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 24.I. A. Nikolaenko, V. T. Panyushkin, and S. N. Bolotin, Software System for Calculating EPR Spectrum Parameters for Complex Cu(II) Compounds with Different Organic Ligands. Computer Program Registration Certificate N. 2002610136, Kuban State University, Krasnodar (2002).Google Scholar
- 27.V. A. Kogan, V. V. Zelentsov, G. M. Larin, and V. V. Lukov, Complexes of Transition Metals with Hydrazones [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1990).Google Scholar
- 28.D. Kivelson and G. Collins, Electron Spin Resonance Line Width in Liquids. Paramagnetic Resonance. Vol. 2, Academic Press, New York (1962).Google Scholar