Local atomic and electronic structure of quantum dots based on Mn- and Co-doped ZnS
- 75 Downloads
Solid solutions of zinc sulfide with manganese and cobalt are synthesized. Based on the analysis of X-ray diffraction profiles the conclusion is drawn about the formation of a hexagonal wurtzite type structure in the synthesized quantum dot (QD) solutions. The average crystallite sizes are 8 nm and 22 nm for the samples with manganese and cobalt respectively. Results of IR and optical spectroscopy are consistent with the powder X-ray diffraction and X-ray fluorescence data. The question about particle aggregation in isopropanol and DMF solutions is considered. The QD structures based on ZnS particles doped with Mn and Co transition metal atoms are modeled. The possibility to apply X-ray absorption near edge structure (XANES) spectroscopy to verify the atomic structure parameters around the positions of doping transition metal atoms in QDs of the ZnS family is shown. Partial densities of ZnS:Mn and ZnS:Co electronic states are calculated.
Keywordsquantum dots zinc sulfide solid solution atomic and electronic structures computer simulation XANES spectroscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.V. F. Agekyan and N. G. Filosofov, Diluted Magnetic Semiconductors: Magnetic and Optical Properties [in Russian], Manual, St. Petersburg Univ., St. Petersburg (2014).Google Scholar
- 9.A. N. Kravtsova, K. A. Lomachenko, S. A. Suchkova, et al., Izv. RAN. Ser. Fiz., 79, No. 11, 1612 (2015).Google Scholar
- 14.C. Carrillo-Carrion, S. Cardenas, B. M. Simonet, and M. Valcarcel, Chem. Commun., 5214 (2009).Google Scholar
- 25.Yu.Yu. Lurie, Handbook of Analytical Chemistry [in Russian], 5th ed., Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 26.Card No 401289, PDF-2, The International Centre for Diffraction Data; http://www.icdd.com.Google Scholar
- 27.Card No 750605, PDF-2, The International Centre for Diffraction Data; http://www.icdd.com.Google Scholar