Long-Term Strength of a Thick-Walled Pipe Filled with an Aggressive Medium, with Account for Damageability of the Pipe Material and Residual Strength
This paper describes the study of scattered fracture of a thick-walled pipe filled with an aggressive medium, which creates uniform pressure on the inner surface of the pipe. It is assumed that the aggressive medium affects only the value of instantaneous strength. Damageability is described by an integral operator of the hereditary type. The problem is solved with allowance for residual strength of the pipe material behind the fracture front. Numerical calculation is carried out, and relationships between the fracture front coordinate and time for various concentrations of the aggressive medium and residual strength behind the fracture front are constructed.
Keywordsaggressive medium concentration of an aggressive medium stress intensity damageability fracture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. A. Kulagin and A. M. Lokoshchenko, “Modeling the Influence of an Aggressive Ambient Medium on Creep and Long-Term Strength of Metals in a Complex Stress Strain State,” Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 1, 188–199 (2004).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Lokoshchenko and D. O. Platonov, “Mathematical Modeling of Long-Term Strength of Cylindrical Shells in an Aggressive Medium in a Complex Stress State,” Mashinostr. Inzh. Obraz. 3 (2), 39–48 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Safarov, “Scattered Fracture of a Cylindrical Pipe with Aggressive Filler,” Mekhanika—Mashinostroenie, No. 3, 36–38 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. V. Suvorova, M. V. Akhundov, and V. G. Ivanov, “Strain and Fracture of Damaged Isotropic Bodies in a Complex Stress State,” Mekh. Kompoz. Mater., No. 3, 396–402 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. V. Suvorova and M. B. Akhundov, “Long-Term Fracture of an Isotropic Medium in a Complex Stressed State,” Mashinovedenie, No. 4, 40–46 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. V. Suvorova, “Nonlinear Effects in the Deformation of Hereditary Media,” Mekh. Polimer., No. 6, 976–980 (1977).Google Scholar