Recovery of Methane From Gas Hydrates in a Porous Medium by Injection of Carbon Dioxide
- 35 Downloads
This paper presents a mathematical model for methane hydrate–carbon dioxide replacement by injection of carbon dioxide gas into a porous medium rich in methane and its gas hydrate. Numerical solutions describing the pressure and temperature variation in a reservoir of finite length are obtained. It is shown that the replacement process is accompanied by a decrease in pressure and an increase in temperature of the porous medium. It is established that during the time of complete replacement of methane from a reservoir decreases with increasing permeability of the porous medium and the pressure of the injected gas.
Keywordsporous medium gas hydrate filtration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.X. T. Zhou, S. S. Fan, and D. Q. Liang, “Advancement in Research on Replacement of CH4 from Hydrate with CO2,” Chem. Industr. Eng. Process. 25, 524–527 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.V. P. Voronov, E. E. Gorodetskii, B. A. Grigor’ev, and A. F. Muratov, “Experimental Study of Methane Replacement by Carbon Dioxide in Gas Hydrate,” Vesti Gaz. Nauki, No. 2, 235–248 (2011).Google Scholar
- 10.M. K. Khasanov, I. K. Gimaltdinov, and M. V. Stolpovskii, “Features of the Formation of Gas Hydrates by Cold Gas Injection into a Porous Medium Saturated with Gas and Water,” Teor. Osn. Khim. Tekhnol. 44 (4), 442–449 (2010).Google Scholar
- 12.M. K. Khasanov, N. G. Musakaev, and I. K. Gimaltdinov, “Features of the Decomposition of Gas Hydrates with the Formation of Ice in a Porous Medium,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 88 (5), 1022–1030 (2015).Google Scholar
- 13.G. G. Tsypkin, “On the Dissociation of Gas Hydrates in Highly Permeable Formations,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 63 (6), 714–721 (1992).Google Scholar
- 14.G. G. Tsypkin, “Regime of Dissociation of Gas Hydrates Coexisting with a Gas in Natural Strata,” Inzh.-Fiz. Zh. 74 (5), 24–28 (2001).Google Scholar
- 18.V. A. Istomin and V. S. Yakushev, Gas Hydrates in Nature (Nedra, Moscow, 1992) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 19.G. I. Barenblatt, V. M. Entov, and V. M. Ryzhik, Motion of Liquids and Gases in Natural Reservoirs (Nedra, Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 20.V. I. Vasil’ev, V. V. Popov, and T. S. Timofeeva, Computational Methods in the Development of Oil and Gas Fields (Izd. Sib. Otd. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Novosibirsk, 2000) [in Russian].Google Scholar