Supersonic Gas Flows in Radial Nozzles
- 10 Downloads
Results of experimental investigations and numerical simulations of supersonic gas flows in radial nozzles with different nozzle widths are presented. It is demonstrated that different types of the flow are formed in the nozzle with a fixed nozzle radius and different nozzle widths: supersonic flows with oblique shock waves inducing boundary layer separation are formed in wide nozzles, and flows with a normal pseudoshock separating the supersonic and subsonic flow domains are formed in narrow nozzles (micronozzles). The pseudoshock structure is studied, and the total pressure loss in the case of the gas flow in a micronozzle is determined.
Keywordsradial nozzle supersonic flow pseudoshock boundary layer numerical simulation experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. P. Gridnev, S. S. Katsnelson, and V. P. Fomichev, Nonhomogeneous MHD Flows with the T-Layer (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.P. S. Moller, “Radial Flow without Swirl between Parallel Disks Having Both Supersonic and Subsonic Region,” J. Basic Eng., Ser. D 88 (1), 153–154 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Klinkov, V. F. Kosarev, and V. N. Zaikovskii, “Application of Radial Supersonic Nozzles in Cold Spraying,” in Abstr. of the Int. Conf. on Methods of Aerophysical Research, Kazan, August 19–25, 2012 (Kazan. Fed. Univ., Kazan, 2012), Part 1, pp. 153–154.Google Scholar
- 5.S. P. Kiselev, V. P. Kiselev, and V. N. Zaikovskii, “Numerical Simulation of the Spaying Process of Al Particles on the Tube Surface by a Radial Nozzle,” in Abstract of the Int. Conf. on the Methods of Aerophysical Research, Novosibirsk, June 30 to July 6, 2014 (Avtograf, Novosibirsk, 2014), Part 1, pp. 109–110.Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Kiselev, V. P. Kiselev, and V. N. Zaikovskii, “On the Mechanism of Self-Oscillations of a Supersonic Radial Jet Exhausting into an Ambient Space,” Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 57 (2), 53–63 (2016) [J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 57 (2), 237–246 (2016)].Google Scholar
- 9.O. V. Guskov, V. I. Kopchenov, I. I. Lipatov, et al., Processes of Supersonic Flow Deceleration in Channels (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Penzin, Supersonic Flow Deceleration in Channels (TsAGI, Moscow, 2012) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.G. N. Abramovich, Applied Gas Dynamics (Nauka, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar