Propagation of converging spherical deformation waves in a heteromodular elastic medium
The unsteady one-dimensional boundary-value problem of shock deformation of a medium bounded by a sphere is solved. The propagation of converging deformation wave fronts in an elastic material with different tensile and compressive strengths is studied. A boundary condition is obtained that provides the formation of a converging spherical shock wave with constant velocity. The impact conditions on the boundary of the heteromodular sphere are determined that can lead to the formation of a transition zone (a spherical layer of constant density) between the compression and tension regions.
Keywordselasticity heteromodular deformation dynamics strain discontinuity converging spherical wave shock wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. P. Maslov and P. P. Mosolov, Theory of Elasticity for a Heteromodular Medium (Moscow Inst. of Electron. Eng., Moscow 1985) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.O. V. Dudko, A. A. Lapteva, and K. T. Semenov, “Propagation of One-Dimensional Plane Waves and Their Interaction with Obstacles in a Medium with Different Tensile and Compressive Strengths,” Dal’nevost. Mat. Zh. 6 (1/2), 94–105 (2005).Google Scholar
- 6.O. V. Dudko, A. A. Lapteva, and V. E. Ragozina, “On the Formation of Plane and SphericalWaves in an Elastic Medium with Different Tensile and Compressive Strengths,” Vestn. Chuvash. Gos. Ped. Univ. Yakovleva, Ser. Mekh. Predel. Sost., No. 4, 147–155 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.D. E. Bessonov, Yu. P. Zezin, and E. V. Lomakin, “Heteromodular Granular Composites Based on Unsaturated Polyesters,” Izv. Sarat. Univ., Ser. Mat. Mekh. Inform. 9 (4), part 2, 9–13 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.S. A. Ambartsumyan and A. A. Khachatryan, “Basic Equations of the Theory of Elasticity for Materials with Different Tensile and Compressive Strengths,” Inzh. Zh. Mekh. Tverd. Tela, No. 2, 44–53 (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.V. P. Myasnikov and A. I. Oleinikov, “Basic General Relations of Isotropically Elastic Heteromodular Media,” Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 332 (1), 57–60 (1992).Google Scholar
- 11.V. P. Myasnikov and A. I. Oleinikov, Fundamentals of Mechanics of Heteromodular Media, (Dal’nauka, Vladivostok 2007) [in Russian].Google Scholar