A neutron field monitoring system for collider experiments
A monitoring system for intense (up to 105 neutrons/(cm2 s)) neutron fluxes with energies as high as 15 MeV has been developed for long-term operation in strong magnetic and radiation fields of collider experiments. The system is used to monitor the radiation shielding efficiency, estimate the radiation degradation of active elements of experimental setups, and perform additional independent monitoring of the accelerator luminosity. The system has been tested and put into operation at the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experimental setup of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.CMS Collaboration, J. Instrum., 2008, vol. 3, no. 8, p. S08004.Google Scholar
- 2.Azhgirei, I.L. and Talanov, V.V., Proc. 18th Work Meeting on Charged Particle Accelerators, Protvino: IFVE, 2000, vol. 2, p. 184.Google Scholar
- 3.CMS Collaboration, HCAL Techn. Des. Rep. CERN/LHCC 97-31, 1997.Google Scholar
- 4.Huhtinen, M., Proc. 2nd Workshop on Simulating Accelerator Radiation Environments, Geneva: CERN, 1995, p. 35.Google Scholar
- 5.Bhat, P.C., Mokhov, N.V., Singh, A.P., and Beri, S.B., CMS Note, CERN, 2013, no. 2013/001.Google Scholar
- 6.Gorbatkov, D.V., Kryuchkov, V.P., and Sumaneev, O.V., Proc. 4th Eur. Particle Accelerator Conf. (EPAC-94), London, 1994, vol. 2, p. 2588.Google Scholar
- 7.Kryuchkov, V.P. and Sumaneev, O.V., Preprint of Inst. for High Energy Phys., Protvino, 1992, no. 92-132.Google Scholar
- 9.Marikyan, G.A. and Kharitonov, V.M., Izv. Akad. Nauk Arm. SSR, 1955, vol. 8, no. 6, p. 19.Google Scholar
- 11.Carbonez, P. and Silari, M., CERN-DGS-2011-05- RP-TN, CERN, 2011.Google Scholar
- 12.Ershov, A., Demianov, A., Gribushin, A., and Kaminsky, A., Proc. of CMS Workshop “Perspectives on Physics and CMS at Very High Luminosity,” Dubna: JINR, 2013, p. 236.Google Scholar