Synthesis, X-ray Diffraction Characterization, Mössbauer Spectroscopy, and Dielectric Properties of Solid Solutions in the PbFe2/3W1/3O3–PbSc2/3W1/3O3 System
Ceramic Pb(Fe1–xSc x )2/3W1/3O3 samples with 0 ≤ x ≤ 1 have been prepared and characterized by X-ray diffraction, Mössbauer spectroscopy, and dielectric and pyroelectric measurements. The stoichiometry ranges of the perovskite solid solutions in this system have been identified, their structural parameters have been determined, and their dielectric permittivity, dielectric loss tangent, resistivity, and thermally stimulated depolarization current have been measured as functions of temperature. The composition dependences of the dielectric properties for the solid solutions have been obtained. The solid solutions have been shown to exhibit ferroelectric relaxor properties, with a well-defined maximum in their permittivity in the range 180–250 K.
Keywordsferroelectric ceramics magnetoelectric materials solid solutions perovskite structure dielectric properties Mössbauer spectroscopy X-ray powder diffraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Venevtsev, Yu.N., Politova, E.D., and Ivanov, S.A., Segnetoelektriki i antisegnetoelektriki semeistva titanata bariya (Ferro- and Antiferroelectrics of the Barium Titanate Family), Moscow: Khimiya, 1985.Google Scholar
- 6.Juhas, P., Grinberg, I., Rappe, A.M., Dmowski, W., Egami, T., and Davies, P.K., Correlations between the structure and dielectric properties of Pb(Sc2/3W1/3)O3–Pb(Ti/Zr)O3 relaxors, Phys. Rev. B: Condens. Matter Mater. Phys., 2004, vol. 69, paper 214 101.Google Scholar
- 7.Shannon, R.D., Revised effective ionic radii and systematic studies of interatomic distances in halides and chalcogenides, Acta Crystallogr., Sect. A: Cryst. Phys., Diffr., Theor. Gen. Crystallogr., 1976, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 751–767.Google Scholar
- 9.Venevtsev, Yu.N., Gagulin, V.V., and Lyubimov, V.N., Segnetomagnetiki (Magnetoelectric Materials), Moscow: Nauka, 1982.Google Scholar
- 11.Shrout, T.R. and Halliyal, A., Preparation of leadbased ferroelectric relaxors for capacitors, Am. Ceram. Soc. Bull., 1987, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 704–711.Google Scholar
- 12.Wongmaneerung, R., Tan, X., McCallum, R.W., Ananta, S., and Yimnirun, R., Cation, dipole, and spin order in PbFe2/3W1/3O3-based magnetoelectric multiferroic compounds, Appl. Phys. Lett., 2007, vol. 90, paper 242 905.Google Scholar
- 13.Tan, X., Wongmaneerung, R., and McCallum, R.W., Ferroelectric and magnetic properties of PbFe2/3W1/3O3-based multiferroic compounds with cation order, J. Appl. Phys., 2007, vol. 102, paper 104 114.Google Scholar
- 14.Rusakov, V.S., Messbauerovskaya spektroskopiya lokal’no neodnorodnykh sistem (Mössbauer Spectroscopy of Locally Inhomogeneous Systems), Almaty: OPNI IYaF NYaTs RK, 2000.Google Scholar
- 16.Jonscher, A.K., Dielectric Relaxation in Solids, London: Chelsea Dielectric, 1983.Google Scholar