Porous silicon nanoparticles containing neurotropic drugs
Porous silicon samples with a pore diameter under 100 nm have been prepared by a two-sided anodic electrochemical etching of single-crystal silicon. We have studied vinpocetine and afobazol sorption on porous silicon. The drugs have been shown to have no effect on the structure of the porous silicon. Comparison of the degree of afobazol and vinpocetine release from the drug delivery systems produced in this study and from microcapsules demonstrates that porous silicon nanoparticles can be used as a means of prolonged drug delivery, suggesting that further pharmacological research is warranted.
Keywordsporous silicon sorption release vinpocetine afobazol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chekhonin, V.P., Baklaushev, V.P., and Kuznetsov, D.A., Medical nanoparticles and nanocontainers in the diagnosis and vector therapy of central nervous system diseases, Vestn. RGMU, 2010, no. 4, pp. 10–15.Google Scholar
- 2.Biram, D.A., Smagulova, D.K., and Kenich, B., Pharmaceutical nanotechnology as a key factor of economic development, Razrabotka Registratsiya Lekarstvennykh Sredstv, 2015, no. 3 (12), pp. 98–101.Google Scholar
- 3.Marakhova, A.I., Zhilkina, V.Yu., Satskevich, O.A., and Stanishevskii, Ya.M., Nanotechnologies in medicine and pharmaceutics, Razrabotka Registratsiya Lekarstvennykh Sredstv, 2015, no. 1 (10), pp. 72–78.Google Scholar
- 6.Kumar, D.S., Banji, D., and Madhavi, B., Porous silicon–a novel, Int. J. Pharm. Pharm. Sci., 2009, vol. 1, pp. 8–16.Google Scholar
- 9.Voronina, T.A. and Seredenin, S.B., A search for new anxiolytics, Eksperim. Klin. Farmakol., 2002, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 4–17Google Scholar
- 10.Lobzin, V.Yu., Emelin, A.Yu., Vorob’ev, S.V., and Lupanov, I.A., Modern approaches to the diagnosis, prophylaxis, and therapy of cognitive disorders in discirculatory encephalopathy, Nevrol., Neiropsikhiatr., Psikhosomat., 2014, no. 2, pp. 51–56.Google Scholar
- 13.Len’shin, A.S. and Maraeva, E.V., Specific surface area of promising porous materials and nanostructures studied by temperature-programmed desorption, Izv. SPbGETU LETI, 2011, no. 6, pp. 9–16.Google Scholar
- 15.Polkovnikova, Yu.A., Biopharmaceutical investigations of microcapsulated drug formulation of vinpocetine, Indian J. Sci. Technol., 2016, vol. 9, no. 29. doi 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i29/89113Google Scholar
- 16.Polkovnikova, Yu.A. and Slivkin, A.I., Vinpocetine release from microcapsules, Khim.-Farm. Zh., 2016, vol. 50, no. 8, pp. 56–58.Google Scholar