The Influence of the Angle of the Output Cut of a Cylindrical Channel on the Formation of Jets of Heated Gas and Overheated Liquid
- 8 Downloads
The results of experimental research on the horizontal discharge of heated gas and overheated water through nozzles with channels having a round cross-section and different cutoff angles of the outlet aperture are presented. The processes of liquids and gases discharge are visualized via photographic survey and thermal-imaging diagnostics. Comparative analysis of the main characteristics of liquid and gas jets discharged at different initial conditions and channels of different configurations is performed. It is established that there is no shift in the jet axis with respect to the outlet-aperture axis during the discharge of heated gas through nozzles with a cutoff. Different behavior is observed during the discharge of overheated water through nozzles with a cutoff. In this case the jet axis is shifted towards the cutoff direction with respect to the outlet-aperture axis, which is in the interval 15°–18° depending on the initial conditions. Practical recommendations on the use of the discovered mechanisms in engine technology (during fuel atomization by nozzles) are suggested based on the research results.
The work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 18-08-00742.
- 9.Plotnikov, L.V., Mazheiko, N.A., and Busov, K.A., Dvigatelestroenie, 2014, no. 3, p. 8.Google Scholar
- 12.Zalkind, V.I., Zeigarnik, Y.A., Nizovskiy, V.L., Nizovskiy, L.V., and Schigel, S.S., J. Phys: Conf. Ser., 2017, vol. 891, no. 1, 012011.Google Scholar
- 14.Mazheiko, N.A., Reshetnikov, A.V., Busov, K.A., et al., Tyazh. Mashinostr., 2014, no. 6, p. 35.Google Scholar
- 18.Merker, G.P., Schwarz, C., Stiesch, G., and Otto, F., Simulating Combustion, Berlin: Springer, 2006.Google Scholar
- 20.Grekhov, L.V., Akkumulyatornye toplivnye sistemy dvigatelei vnutrennego sgoraniya tipa Common Rail (Accumulator Fuel Systems of Common Rail Internal Combustion Engines), Moscow: Mosk. Gos. Tekh. Univ. im. N.E. Baumana, 2000.Google Scholar
- 22.Zhilkin, B.P., Larionov, I.D., and Shuba, A.N., RF Patent 2230300, 2002.Google Scholar
- 24.Abramovich, G.N., Prikladnaya gazovaya dinamika (Applied Gas Dynamics), Moscow: Nauka, 1969.Google Scholar
- 25.Busov, K.A., Tepl. Protsessy Tekh., 2011, vol. 3, no. 7, p. 308.Google Scholar