Analysis of high-frequency processes in an electric-discharge chamber of a three-phase plasma torch at high working gas pressure
The paper deals with electrophysical processes in an electric-discharge chamber of a three-phase AC plasma torch with nitrogen as working gas. The frequency characteristics of voltage pulsations depending on current, gas mass flow rate, power, and pressure are obtained. Photos of arc burning processes in the plasma torch discharge chamber at different parameters are presented. It is shown that two arcs burn simultaneously in the plasma torch chamber and the third one either extinguishes or arises. These investigations might be useful when creating various technological processes by applying three-phase AC plasma torches operating on inert gases.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Antonov, G.G., Borodin, V.S., and Rutberg, F.G., Moshchnye generatory nizkotemperaturnoi plazmy i metody issledovaniya ikh parametrov (Powerful Low-Temperature Plasma Generators and Methods for Studying Their Parameters), Leningrad: VNIIelektromash, 1979.Google Scholar
- 3.Glebov, I.A. and Rutberg, F.G., Moshchnye generatory plazmy (Powerful Plasma Generators), Moscow: Energoatomizdat, 1985.Google Scholar
- 4.Kuz’min, A.K., Cand. Sci. (Phys.–Math.) Dissertation, Moscow: Inst. High Temp., USSR Acad. Sci., 1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Goncharenko, R.B., Rutberg, A.F., Kiselev, A.A., and Safronov, A.A., Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Energ., 2012, no. 3, p. 122.Google Scholar
- 6.Rutberg, Ph., Physics and Technology of High Current Discharges in Dense Gas Media and Flows, New York: Nova Sci., 2009.Google Scholar