Development of secondary turbulent circulation in horizontal pipes with local stable density stratification
- 17 Downloads
Specific features of secondary flows in horizontal heated pipes of a single-phase fluid under high thermal loads are studied. The analysis performed in this work shows that the reasons for the development of secondary flows in this case are the same as for the development of secondary flows in turbulent flows in pipes with a noncircular cross section.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Petukhov, B.S., Polyakov, A.F., Troitskii, V.V., and Shekhter, Yu.L., in Teploobmen–1978. Sovetskie issledovaniya. Sbornik (Heat Transfer 1978. Soviet Research. Collection of Papers), Moscow: Nauka, 1980, p. 135.Google Scholar
- 4.Petukhov, B.S. and Polyakov, A.F., Teploobmen pri smeshannoi turbulentnoi konvektsii (Heat Transfer in Mixed Turbulent Convection), Moscow: Nauka, 1986.Google Scholar
- 7.Petukhov, B.S., Polyakov, A.F., Troitskii, V.V., and Shekhter, Yu.L., Teplofiz. Vys. Temp., 1982, vol. 20, no. 3, p. 490.Google Scholar
- 8.Varaksin, A.Yu., Polezhaev, Yu.V., and Polyakov, A.F., High Temp., 1998, vol. 36, no. 5, p. 744.Google Scholar
- 9.Varaksin, A.Yu. and Zaichik, L.I., High Temp., 1998, vol. 36, no. 6, p. 983.Google Scholar