Recording the Response of the Chelyabinsk Meteoroid Fall by Dual-Frequency and Single-Frequency GPS Equipment
- 11 Downloads
The Chelyabinsk meteoroid fall has been used to show that an appropriate ionospheric response can be recorded from signals of satellite radar systems. This can be done using dual-frequency or single-frequency equipment. The recording time of the response commencement has been used to estimate the propagation rate of primary disturbance in the atmosphere.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Afraimovich, E.L. and Perevalova, N.P., GPS-monitoring verkhnei atmosfery Zemli (GPS Monitoring of the Earth’s Upper Atmosphere), Irkutsk: GU NTs VSNTs SO RAMN, 2006.Google Scholar
- Berngardt, O.I., Kurkin, V.I., Zherebtsov, G.A., Kusonskii, O.A., and Grigor’eva, S.A., Ionospheric effects during first two hours after Chelyabinsk meteorite impact, Soln.-Zemnaya Fiz., 2013, vol. 24, pp 3–14.Google Scholar
- Perevalova, N.P., Study of ionospheric disturbances by the transionospheric GPS-sensing method, Extended Abstract of Doctoral (Phys.–Math.) Dissertation, Irkutsk: Institute of Solar and Terrestrial Physics, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, 2014.Google Scholar
- Perevalova, N.P., Shestakov, N.V., Zhupityaeva, A.S., Yasyukevich, Yu.V., Voeikov, S.V., and Kutelev, K.A., Dynamics of total electron content during the passage and explosion of the Chelyabinsk meteoroid, Soln.-Zemnaya Fiz., 2013, vol. 24, pp. 36–41.Google Scholar
- Shebshaevich, V.S., Dmitriev, P.P., and Ivantsevich, N.V., Setevye sputnikovye radionavigatsionnye sistemy (Network Satellite Radio Navigation Systems), Moscow: Radio i svyaz’, 1993.Google Scholar
- Tertyshnikov, A.V., Alpatov, V.V., Glukhov, Ya.V., and Davidenko, D.V., Regional distur bances of the ionosphere and positioning errors of the land based navigation receiver during the explosion of the Chelyabinsk (Chebarkul’) meteoroid on February 15, 2013, Geliogeofiz. Issled., 2013, no. 5, pp. 65–73.Google Scholar
- Tolman, B.W. and Harris, R.B., The GPS toolkit, Linux J., 2004, p. 72.Google Scholar
- Zuluaga, J.I. and Ferrin, I., A preliminary reconstruction of the Chelyabinsk Meteoroid orbit, 2013. https://arxiv.org/abs/1302.5377.Google Scholar