Results of Spectral Corona Observations in Solar Activity Cycles 17–24
The results of the work of the global observation network are considered, and a comparative analysis of the data of various coronal observatories is performed. The coronal activity index has been reconstructed for the period 1939–2016 based on the data of various observatories in Kislovodsk system. For this purpose, the corona daily intensity maps from the Sacramento Peak and Lomnický Štít observatories according to the Solar-Geophysical Data journal have been digitized; they supplement the data of other observatories. The homogeneity and continuity of the corona observations at the Kislovodsk station, including activity cycle 24, is confirmed. Unfortunately, the only observatory at present that continues observation of the spectral corona in Fe XIV 5303 Å and Fe XIV 6374 Å lines is the Kislovodsk astronomical station Mountain Astronomical Station (MAS) of the Central Astronomical Observatory, Russian Academy of Sciences (Pulkovo). The data on the combined corona in 5303 Å line are analyzed. It is shown that there is a high correlation of the intensity index of green corona with solar radiation measurements in the vacuum UV region. Data on the beginning of the new 25th activity cycle in the corona at high latitudes are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gnevyshev, M.N., The corona and the 11-year cycle of solar activity, Sov. Astron., 1963, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 311–318.Google Scholar
- Oliveira de Silva, A.J., Selhorst, C.L., Simões, P.J.A., and Giménez de Castro, C.G., Comparison of solar radio and extreme ultraviolet synoptic limb charts during the present solar maximum, Astron. Astrophys., 2016, vol. 592, id A91.Google Scholar
- Sýkora, J., Some remarks on the summary use of existing corona measurements, Bull. Astron. Inst. Czech., 1971, vol. 22, pp. 12–15.Google Scholar
- Tlatov, A.G., Long-term variations in the rotation and distribution of large-scale magnetic fields of the Sun, Dr. Sci. (Phys.–Math.) Dissertation, St. Petersburg: Central astronomical Observatory, 2006.Google Scholar
- Tlatov, A.G., Guseva, S.A., and Kim, G.-D., Comparative analysis of spectral corona at the Kislovodsk station in 1957–2000, in Trudy konf. “Solntse v epokhu smeny znaka magnitnogo polya” (Proceedings of the Conference “The Sun in the Era of Magnetic Field Sign Change”), Stepanov, A.V., Ed., St. Petersburg: GAO, 2001, pp. 385–389.Google Scholar