Unsteady Rarefied Gas Flow with Shock Wave in a Channel
- 1 Downloads
The two-dimensional time-dependent problem of rarefied gas flow in a plane channel, formed by parallel plates of finite length and closed at one end, is solved on the basis of the kinetic S-model. The flow develops as a result of rupture of a diaphragm which separates the gas at rest in the channel and the gas at rest in a reservoir of infinite volume. The effect of gas deceleration at the channel walls under the conditions of diffuse molecular reflection from the channel walls and end face is studied. Decay of a shock wave and disappearance of a homogeneous flow zone behind the shock wave is traced for three variants of conditions at the channel inlet: (1) gas enters the channel from a reservoir of infinite length and width (as the basic variant), the simultaneous motion in the reservoir and channel being studied; (2) the high-pressure reservoir represents a usual channel section; and (3) the motion of the gas in the reservoir is not considered at all, instead of this, the boundary conditions of the evaporation-condensation type under the conditions of gas at rest in the reservoir are imposed in the inlet cross-section.
Key wordsrarefied gas breakdown of a discontinuity kinetic S-model shock wave TVD-scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. Sharipov and V. Seleznev, Rarefied Gas Flows in Channels and Microchannels (Ural Branch of RAS, Ekaterinburg, 2008).Google Scholar
- 8.D. E. Zeitoun, I. A. Graur, Y. Burtschell, M. S. Ivanov, A. N. Kudryavtsev, and Ye. A. Bondar, “Continuum and Kinetic Simulation of Shock Wave Propagation in Long Microchannel,” in: Rarefied Gas Dynamics. 26th Intern. Symposium on RGD. Ed. T. Abe, AIP Conference Proceedings (Melville, New York, 2009), Vol. 1084, pp. 964–969.Google Scholar
- 11.N. A. Konopel’ko, V. A. Titarev, and E. M. Shakhov, “Unsteady RarefiedGas Flow in aMicrochannel Initiated by Breakdown of a Pressure Discontinuity,” Zh. Vychisl.Matem.Matemat. Fiz. 56 (3), 476–489 (2016).Google Scholar
- 13.V. A. Titarev, “Nesvetay-3D ProgrammSoftware for Simulating Plane Flows of aMonatomic Rarefied Gas,” Certificate of State Registration of Computer Programs No. 2017616295 (2017).Google Scholar
- 16.V. A. Titarev, “Nesvetai-3D Programm Software for Simulating Three-Dimensional Flows of a Monatomic Rarefied Gas,” Nauka i Obrazovanie. Bauman Moscow State Technical University. Electronic Zh. 6, 124–154 (2014).Google Scholar