Vibrations of an ice sheet with crack under a time-periodic load
- 29 Downloads
The analytic solution of the problem of vibrations of an ice sheet with a rectilinear crack floating on the surface of an ideal incompressible fluid of shallow depth under the action of a local zone of the time-periodic pressure is obtained. The ice sheet is simulated by two thin viscoelastic semiinfinite plates of different thickness. Various conditions on the crack edges are considered. Far field asymptotics are investigated and it is revealed that the predominant directions of wave propagation at an angle to the crack can be distinguished in the far field in the case of contact of two plates of different thickness. In the case of contact of identical plates, a waveguide mode propagating along the crack is excited. It is shown that the waveguide mode is the same for the plates with the free edges and the free overlap since the part of the solution symmetric about the crack is the same while the difference between the solutions is caused by the antisymmetric part of the solution.
Keywordssurface waves flexural-gravity waves the shallow water theory thin viscoelastic floating plate waveguide mode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. E. Kheisin, Ice Sheet Dynamics (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1967) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.L. V. Cherkesov, Surface and Internal Waves (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1973) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Kozin, V. D. Zhestkaya, A. V. Pogorelova, S. D. Chizhiumov, M. P. Dzhabrailov, V. S. Morozov, and A. N. Kustov, Applied Problems of Ice Sheet Dynamics (Izd-vo Akademiya Estestvoznaniya, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 8.K. A. Shishmarev, T. I. Khabakhpasheva, and A. A. Korobkin, “Hydroelastic Waves Caused by a Load Moving along a Frozen Channel,” in: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Hydroelasticity in Marine Technology, 16–19 Sept., Split, 2015, pp. 149–160 (Split, 2015).Google Scholar
- 9.L. A. Tkacheva, “Ice Sheet Vibrations under a Local Time-Periodic Load,” in: Mechanics and Control Processes, Vol. 1, Proceedings of 45th All-Russian Symposium Devoted to 70th Anniversary of the Victory (December 22–24, 2015, Miass) (Russian Academy of Sciences Press, Moscow, 2015), pp. 102–113 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.R. V. Goldshtein, A. V. Marchenko and A. Yu. Semenov, “EdgeWaves in a Fluid beneath a Fractured Elastic Plate,” Dokl. Ross. Akad. Nauk 339, No. 3, 331–334 (1994).Google Scholar
- 24.L. A. Vainshtein, “Strict Solution to the Problem of a Plane Waveguide with an Open End,” Izv. AN SSSR, Ser. Fiz. 12, No. 2, 144–165 (1948).Google Scholar