Stability of two-layer fluid flows with evaporation at the interface
- 62 Downloads
The problem of stability of two-layer (fluid-gas) flows with account of evaporation at the thermocapillary interface is studied under the condition of a fixed gas flow rate. In the upper gas-vapor layer, the Dufour effect is taken into account. A novel exact solution of the Navier–Stokes equations in the Boussinesq approximation is constructed. The effects of longitudinal temperature gradients, gravity, thicknesses of the gas and fluid layers, and the gas flow rate on the flow structure, the onset of recirculated flows near the interface, the evaporation rate, and the properties of characteristic disturbances are investigated.
Keywordstwo-layer flow exact solution thermocapillary interface stability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.O. N. Goncharova, E. V. Rezanova, Y. V. Lyulin, and O. A. Kabov, ”Modeling of Two-Layer Liquid-Gas Flow with Account for Evaporation,” Thermophysics and Aeromechanics 22 (5), 655–661 (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.O. N. Goncharova, ”Modeling of Flows under Conditions of Heat- and Mass Transfer at the Interface,” [in Russian] Izv. Altai State University 73 (1/2), 12–18 (2012).Google Scholar
- 8.A. Oron, S. H. Davis, and S. S. Bankoff, “Long-Scale Evolution of Thin Liquid Films”, Rev. Modern Phys. 69 (3), 931–980 (1997).Google Scholar
- 10.O. N. Goncharova and E. V. Rezanova, ”Construction of a Mathematical Model of Flows in a Thin Liquid Layer on the Basis of Classical Convection and Generalized Conditions on an Interface,” [in Russian] Izv. Altai State University 81 (1/1), 70–74 (2015).Google Scholar
- 12.M. I. Shliomis and V. I. Yakushin, “Convection in a Two-Layer Binary System with Evaporation,” [in Russian], in: Proc. Uchenye Zapiski Perm’ State University. Ser. Hydrodynamics 4), 129–140 (1972).Google Scholar
- 13.O. N. Goncharova and E. V. Rezanova,”Example of an Exact Solution of the Stationary Problem of Two-Layer Flows with Evaporation at the Interface,” Journal of Applied Mechanics and Technical Physics 55 (2), 247–257 (2014).Google Scholar
- 16.S. R. de Groot and P. Mazur, Non-Equilibrium Thermodynamics (Wiley, New York, 1962).Google Scholar
- 17.A. A. Kirdyashkin, V. I. Polezhaev, and A. I. Fedyushkin, “Thermal Convection in a Horizontal Layer with Lateral Heat Supply,” [in Russian] Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 6), 122–128 (1983).Google Scholar
- 18.Y. Lyulin, O. Kabov, C. S. Iorio, et al., “Liquids-Candidates for CIMEX-1 Experiments on ISS,” in: CIMEX Meeting. Bruxelles, 2009, May 15.Google Scholar
- 20.S. K. Godunov, “On the Numerical Solution of Boundary Value Problems for Systems of Ordinary Linear Equations,” Uspekhi Matem. Nauk 16 (3(99)), 171–174 (1961).Google Scholar
- 21.V. B. Bekezhanova, The Stability of Non-Isothermal Fluids in Various Models of Convection (Disser. Doctor Phys- Math. Sci. 01-02-05, Krasnoyarsk, 2015).Google Scholar