Asymptotics of solutions for a class of quasilinear second-order ordinary differential equations
- 41 Downloads
We consider a class of quasilinear second-order ordinary differential equations that arise in the investigation of the problem on stationary convective mass transfer between a drop and a solid medium in the presence of a volume chemical reaction of power-law form [F(υ) ≡ υ ν ] for the case in which the Peclet number Pe and the rate constant k υ of the volume chemical reaction tend to infinity. We prove the existence and uniqueness theorem for a boundary value problem and analyze asymptotic properties of the solution.
KeywordsVolume Chemical Reaction Asymptotic Formula Kutta Method Asymptotic Representation Explicit Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gupalo, Yu.P., Polyanin, A.D., and Ryazantsev, Yu.S., Massoteploobmen reagiruyushchikh chastits s potokom (Mass and Heat Transfer of Reacting Particles and Flow), Moscow: Nauka, 1985.Google Scholar
- 2.Akhmetov, R.G., Asymptotics of Solutions for a Problem of Convective Diffusion with Volume Reaction near a Spherical Drop, Proc. Steklov Inst. Math. Suppl. 1, 2003, pp. S8–S12.Google Scholar
- 3.Il’in, A.M., Soglasovanie asimptoticheskikh razlozhenii reshenii kraevykh zadach (Matching of Asymptotic Expansions of Solutions of Boundary Value Problems), Moscow: Nauka, 1989.Google Scholar
- 4.Krylov, V.S., Diffusion Boundary Layer on a Surface of a Moving Drop for the Presence of a Volume Chemical Reaction, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Mekh. Zhidk. i Gaza, 1967, no. 1, pp. 146–149.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhivotyagin, A.F., Effect of a Homogeneous Chemical Reaction on the Concentration Distribution in the Diffusion Trail of a Droplet, Vestnik Moskov. Univ. Ser. I Mat. Mekh., 1980, no. 6, pp. 73–78.Google Scholar
- 9.Babenko, K.I., Osnovy chislennogo analiza (Foundations of Numerical Analysis), Moscow, 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.Rakitskii, Yu.V., Ustinov, S.M., and Chernorutskii, I.G., Chislennye metody resheniya zhestkikh sistem (Numerical Methods for Solving Stiff Systems), Moscow: Nauka, 1979.Google Scholar