Measuring the temperature of PETN explosion products with iron inclusions
- 36 Downloads
The spectral-kinetic characteristics of luminescence of PETN with iron nanoparticle inclusions are measured in real time in the case of a laser initiated explosion (the wavelength is 1064 nm, and the pulse duration is 14 ns). During the action of the laser radiation pulse, the luminescence of the samples is observed, and the explosive decomposition occurs in a microsecond time interval. The spectral pyrometry method is used to establish the thermal nature of explosive luminescence. The explosion temperature is estimated to be 3400 ±100 K.
Keywordslaser initiation PETN explosion products spectral pyrometry streak camera
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. B. Ioffe, A. V. Dolgolaptev, V. E. Aleksandrov, et al., “Laser Pulse Ignition of Condensed Systems Containing Aluminum,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 21 (3), 51–55 (1985) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 21 (3), 316–320 (1985)].Google Scholar
- 2.V. E. Aleksandrov, A. V. Dolgolaptev, V. B. Ioffe, et al., “Ignition of Condensed Media with Absorbing Additives upon Concentrated Application of Radiant Energy,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 19 (4), 17–20 (1983) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 19 (4), 384–386 (1983)].Google Scholar
- 3.B. P. Aduev, D. R. Nurmukhametov, R. I. Furega, et al., “Adjusting the Sensitivity of Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate to Laser Exposure with Additives of Nickel and Aluminum Metal Nanoparticles,” Khim. Fiz. 33 (6), 37–41 (2014).Google Scholar
- 4.B. P. Aduev, D. R. Nurmukhametov, and R. I. Furega, “Initiation of Explosive Decomposition of Tetranitropentaerythritol with Additives of Ultrafine Particles by Laser Pulses,” Khim. Tverd. Topliva, No. 6, 41–45 (2012).Google Scholar
- 5.B. P. Aduev, G. M. Belokurov, and D. R. Nurmukhametov, “Photosensitive Material Based on PETN Mixtures with Aluminum Nanoparticles,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 48 (3), 127–132 (2012) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 48 (3), 361–366 (2012)].Google Scholar
- 6.B. P. Aduev, D. R. Nurmukhametov, A. A. Zvekov, et al., “Laser Initiation of Composite Materials Based on PETN and Iron Nanoparticles,” Khim. Fiz. 35 (7), 38–43 (2016).Google Scholar
- 7.A. N. Magunov, “Spectral Pyrometry (Review),” Prib. Tekh. Eksp., No. 4, 5–28 (2009).Google Scholar
- 8.L. V. Levshin and A. M. Saletskii, Luminescence and Its Measurements (Izd. Mosk. Univ., Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.B. P. Aduev, G. M. Belokurov, S. S. Grechin, et al., “Explosive Decomposition of Hexogen Single Crystals Initiated by a Pulsed Electron Beam,” Pis’ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 40 (23), 16–20 (2014).Google Scholar