Dynamics of gas combustion in a channel with combustion product flow through a porous wall
- 95 Downloads
Gas flow from a reservoir with porous permeable walls in which combustion occurs is considered. Gas combustion in the reservoir causes an increase in the pressure in it and filtration gas flow through the permeable porous wall into the surrounding space. A model is proposed which simultaneously describes the pressure increase in the reservoir due to combustion and the associated filtration gas flow through the porous walls. Data on the maximum gas pressure in the reservoir, the discharge time, and flow characteristics as functions of the permeability of the medium were obtained by numerical solution of a one-dimensional problem.
Keywordscombustion filtration porous medium gas dynamics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. V. Molkov, “Theoretical Generalization of International Experimental Data on Vented Explosion Dynamics,” in Proc. of the First Int. Seminar on Fire-and- Explosion Hazard of Substances and Venting of Deflagrations, Moscow, Russia, July 17–21, 1995, pp. 166–181.Google Scholar
- 3.A. K. Kubanova and E. A. Sagomonyan, “Numerical Simulation of Gas Flow in a Porous Medium,” Vestnik. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 1: Matematika, Mekhanika, No. 6, (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.V. S. Rusakov, S. V. Rusakov, and A. A. Shchipanov, “Numerical Simulation of Single-Phase Flow in a Porous Medium Taking into Account the Mutual Effect of Microcracks and Pores,” Vestnik. Perm. Univ.Matematika, Mekhanika. Informatika 3 (29), 96–101 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.V. A. Levin and N. A. Lutsenko, “Unsteady Gas Flows through Axisymmetric Porous Heat-Releasing Objects,” Mat. Model. 22 (3), 26–44 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.N. A. Kakutkina and A. D. Rychkov, “Modeling of Unsteady Filtrating Gas Combustion,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 46 (3), 44–51 (2010) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 46 (3), 279–285 (2010)].Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Minaev, S. I. Potytnyakov, and V. A. Babkin, “On the Instability of the Flame Front in the Filtration Combustion of Gases,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 30 (3), 49–54 (1994) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 30 (3), 49–54 (1994)].Google Scholar
- 8.R. I. Nigmatulin, Fundamentals of the Mechanics of Heterogeneous Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.Ya. B. Zel’dovich, G. I. Barenblatt, V. B. Librovich, and G. M. Makhviladze, Mathematical Theory of Combustion and Explosion (Nauka, Moscow, 1980) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Babkin, S. S. Minaev, P. K. Senachin, and V. V. Zamashchikov, “Velocity and Temperature Fields in the Combustion of Rotating Gas in a Closed Vessel,” Fiz. Goreniya Vzryva 22 (3), 50–59 (1986) [Combust., Expl., Shock Waves 22 (3), 305–313 (1986)].Google Scholar