Glutathione-dependent regulation of platelet aggregation with neutrophils and tumor cells
- 42 Downloads
It is shown that in the presence of reduced glutathione at low concentrations (1–5 μM) the extent of platelet aggregation with neutrophils increases and the lag period of platelet aggregation induced by tumor cells decreases. At the same time in the presence of reduced glutathione at high concentration (3 mM) the extent of platelet aggregation with neutrophils decreases, and the lag period of platelet aggregation induced by tumor cells increases. It is established that glutathione-dependent regulation of the intercellular contact formation between platelets and neutrophils depends on the ratio of glutathione oxidized and reduced forms: at fixed total glutathione concentration of 5 μM, increase of glutathione redox potential from −175 mV to 0 mV led to reduction in platelet aggregation with neutrophils. Thus, it is shown for the first time, that GSH has priming effect on the platelet aggregation with neutrophils and tumor cells, which may contribute to the regulation of inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Keywordsglutathione neutrophils tumor cells platelets aggregation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.K. P. Vasilenko, E. B. Burova, V. G. Antipov, et al., Tsitologiya 48, 500 (2006).Google Scholar
- 12.L. S. Kurilova, Z. I. Krutetskaya, O. E. Lebedeva, et al., Tsitologiya 50, 452 (2008).Google Scholar
- 16.C. S. Rinder, J. L. Bonan, H. M. Rinder, et al., Blood 79, 1201 (1992).Google Scholar
- 17.K. Konstantopoulos, J. C. Grotta, C. Sills, et al., Thromb Haemost. 74, 1329 (1995).Google Scholar
- 20.A. V. Timoshenko, K. Kayser, and H. J. Gabius, Meth. Mol. Med. 9, 441 (1998).Google Scholar
- 21.J. L. Nation, Stain Technol. 58, 347 (1983).Google Scholar
- 23.I. V. Gorudko, T. V. Vakhrusheva, A. V. Mukhortova, et al., Biol. Membrany 27, 314 (2010).Google Scholar
- 24.H. M. Rinder, J. L. Bonan, C. S. Rinder, et al., Blood 78, 1760 (1991).Google Scholar
- 25.I. Ott, F.-J. Neumann, M. Gawaz, et al., Circulation 94, 1239 (1996).Google Scholar
- 26.T. G. Diacovo, S. J. Roth, J. M. Buccola, et al., Blood 88, 146 (1996).Google Scholar
- 27.S. Sheikh and G. B. Nash, Blood 87, 5040 (1996).Google Scholar