Evaluation of the Variability of the Shoreline of the Tsimlyansk Reservoir and Lake Ilmen according to Space Sounding Data
This article presents the results of a study of the dynamics of the shorelines of Lake Ilmen and the Tsimlyansk Reservoir to indicate the location of the boundaries of the water protection zone. The study uses the method of processing information from Terra/MODIS, Landsat-7 and -8, and WorldView-1 space systems. The analysis of remote-sensing data reveal the off-season and yearly variability in the area of the surface and shoreline, which is characteristic of water bodies under flat relief conditions. On the basis of the results of the research, the issue of the necessity of allocating a water protection zone, taking into account the morphometric features of water bodies and the characteristics of their hydrological regime, followed by amendments to the Water Code of the Russian Federation, is posed.
KeywordsTsimlyansk Reservoir Lake Ilmen water protection zone Water Code of the Russian Federation water level shoreline remote sensing Terra/MODIS Landsat
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Drabkova, V.G., Lake Il’men’, in Velikie ozera mira (Great Lakes of the World), Rumyantsev, V.A., Izmailov, A.V., Drabkov, V.G., Zhekulin, I.S., and Nekhaichik, V.P., Eds., St. Petersburg, Lema, 2012, pp. 189–192.Google Scholar
- Federal Agency of Water Resources. http://voda.mnr.gov.ru.Google Scholar
- Istomina, E.G. and Yakovlev, E.M., Goluboe divo. Istoriko–geograficheskii spravochnik o rekakh, ozerakh i bolotakh Novgorodskoi oblasti (The Blue Marvel: A Historical and Geographical Handbook of Rivers, Lakes, and Marshes of the Novgorod Region), Leningrad: Lenizdat, 1989.Google Scholar
- Kirillova, V.A., Lake Il’men’, in Prirodnye resursy bol’shikh ozer SSSR i veroyatnye ikh izmeneniya (Natural Resources of Great Lakes in the USSR and Their Possible Changes), Alekin, O.A., Ed., Leningrad: Nauka, 1984, pp. 81–104.Google Scholar
- Kurbatova, I.E., Using cosmic data for the monitoring of natural–territorial complexes of the Tsimlyansk reservoir coastal area, Sovrem. Probl. Distantsionnogo Zondirovaniya Zemli Kosmosa, 2013, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 217–227.Google Scholar
- Myakisheva, N.V. and Doganovskii, A.M., The water balance and level of Lake Il’men’ in different time intervals, in Tr. 4-go Mezhdun. simp. Okhrana i ratsional’noe ispol’zovanie vodnykh resursov Ladozhskogo ozera i drugikh bol’shikh ozer, Velikii Novgorod, Rossiya, 2–6 sentyabrya 2002 g. (Proceedings of the 4th Int. Symp. on Protection and Rational Use of Water Resources of Lake Ladoga and Other Great Lakes, Velikii Novgorod, Russia, September 2–6, 2002), St. Petersburg, 2003, pp. 175–179.Google Scholar
- Shnitnikov, A.V., Intrasecular oscillations in the level of large Baltic lakes in relation to the variability of some other components of the geographic medium, in Tr. VII nauch. konf. po izucheniyu vnutrennikh vodoemov Pribaltiki (Proceedings of the VII Scientific Conference on the Study of Inland Water Reservoirs in the Baltic), Petrozavodsk, 1959, pp. 40–42.Google Scholar
- Shcherbakova, V.E., Hydrometeorological situation at the Tsimlyansk water reservoir, Presentation at the Tsimlyansk Hydrometeorological Observatory (branch of the Rostov Center on Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring with Regional Functionality, 2011. http://veimmuseum.ru/about/scientific-and-publishing-activity/report.php?ID=540.Google Scholar
- Zhekulin, I.S. and Nekhaichik, V.P., Ozero Il’men’ (Lake Il’men’), Leningrad: Lenizdat, 1979.Google Scholar