55Mn spin relaxation with the participation of mobile carriers in doped perovskites
- 17 Downloads
Analytical expressions are derived for the rates of longitudinal and transverse nuclear spin relaxation under conditions of fast modulation of the magnitude and direction of a hyperfine field induced by unpaired electrons of an ion. The results obtained are used to explain the data available in the literature on the 55Mn spin relaxation in the ferromagnetic metallic phase of doped perovskites, in which the modulation of the hyperfine field is caused by the hopping of e g electrons between Mn3+ and Mn4+ ions. It is demonstrated that, within this model, the rates of longitudinal and transverse relaxation are characterized by the same temperature dependence and their ratio is independent of temperature, which is in agreement with the experimental data.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Experimental Data State Physics Perovskite Unpaired Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.M. M. Savosta and P. Novák, Phys. Rev. Lett. 87(13), 137204 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Savosta, V. I. Kamenev, V. A. Borodin, P. Novák, M. Marysko, J. Heitmánek, K. Dörr, and M. Sahana, Phys. Rev. B 67(10), 094403 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Savosta, V. D. Doroshev, V. I. Kamenev, V. A. Borodin, T. N. Tarasenko, and A. S. Mazur, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 124(3), 633 (2003) [JETP 97, 573 (2003)].Google Scholar
- 8.T. Kubo, A. Hirai, and H. Abe, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 26(5), 1095 (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.A. J. Freeman and R. E. Watson, in Magnetism, Ed. by G. T. Rado and H. Suhl (Academic, New York, 1965), Vol. 2A.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Abragam, The Principles of Nuclear Magnetism (Clarendon, Oxford, 1961; Inostrannaya Literatura, Moscow, 1963).Google Scholar
- 12.E. A. Turov and M. P. Petrov, Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in Ferro-and Antiferromagnets (Nauka, Moscow, 1969; Wiley, New York, 1972), Chap. 5.Google Scholar
- 13.T. Mizoguchi and M. Inoue, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 21(7), 1310 (1966).Google Scholar