Magnetothermo-emf of a one-dimensional superlattice
- 24 Downloads
The longitudinal magnetothermo-emf of a one-dimensional semiconductor superlattice has been studied in the quasi-classical limit (τ−1 ≪ Ω ≪ μ, where τ is the charge carrier relaxation time, Ω is the cyclotron frequency, and μ is the chemical potential). It is established that oscillations caused by the Landau quantization are modulated by oscillations related to a finite width of the conduction band. Conditions under which such a modulation is especially clearly manifested are determined.
KeywordsRelaxation Time Charge Carrier Conduction Band Cyclotron Frequency Finite Width
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Abrikosov, Fundamentals of the Theory of Metals (Nauka, Moscow, 1987; North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1988).Google Scholar
- 2.E. N. Adams and T. D. Holstein, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 10, 254 (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Abrikosov, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 56, 1391 (1969) [Sov. Phys. JETP 29, 746 (1969)].Google Scholar
- 4.A. A. Varlamov and A. V. Pantsulaya, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 49, 152 (1989) [JETP Lett. 49, 178 (1989)].Google Scholar
- 5.Zh. I. Alferov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 32, 3 (1998) [Semiconductors 32, 1 (1998)].Google Scholar
- 6.V. N. Lutskii, M. I. Kaganov, and A. Ya. Shik, Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 92, 721 (1987) [Sov. Phys. JETP 65, 406 (1987)].Google Scholar