Transition radiation of nonrelativistic electron bunches passing through diaphragms
- 24 Downloads
Experiments on generating electromagnetic pulses (EMPs) by using nonrelativistic electron bunches passing through diaphragms of various radii are described. Results obtained agree with the predictions of the transition radiation theory as applied to nonrelativistic charged particles passing through apertured conducting screens. They may also be used in designing devices for generating EMPs with tunable characteristics, as well as in developing a transition radiation theory for electrodynamic structures of complex geometries.
KeywordsRadiation Charged Particle Transition Radiation Complex Geometry Electromagnetic Pulse
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. L. Ginzburg and V. N. Tsytovich, Transient Radiation and Transient Scattering (Nauka, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 2.V. P. Shestopalov, Diffraction Electronics (Vysshaya Shkola, Khar’kov, 1976) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 6.A. S. Bakai, S. S. Krivulya, V. D. Fedorchenko, and V. I. Muratov, Pis’ma Zh. Éksp. Teor. Fiz. 21, 226 (1975) [JETP Lett. 21, 101 (1975)].Google Scholar
- 7.S. S. Kalmykova and V. I. Kurilko, Physics of Collective Transition Instabilities in Charged Particle Fluxes (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1989), pp. 162–175 [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 9.B. M. Bolotovskii and E. A. Galst’yan, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 170, 809 (2000) [Phys. Usp. 43, 755 (2000)].Google Scholar