On the possibility of trapping of a solitary electromagnetic wave by a superlattice imperfection
- 33 Downloads
The interaction between a solitary electromagnetic wave and a narrow layer with an increased electron concentration in a semiconductor superlattice in a preset uniform alternating electric field directed along the superlattice axis is investigated. The model of the electron energy spectrum in the superlattice is chosen in the strong coupling approximation taking into account the second harmonic. It is shown that, for certain relations between the amplitude and frequency of the alternating electric field, a solitary electromagnetic wave approaching the layer with an increased electron concentration can be trapped by this layer.
KeywordsSolitary Wave Electron Energy Spectrum Narrow Layer Increase Electron Concentration Direct Current Density
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. M. Epshtein, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad) 19, 3456 (1977) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 19, 2020 (1977)].Google Scholar
- 2.S. V. Kryuchkov and K. A. Popov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 30, 2168 (1996) [Semiconductors 30, 1130 (1996)].Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Kryuchkov and E. G. Fyodorov, Laser Phys. 12, 1037 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, and A. P. Tetervov, High-Frequency Properties of Semiconductors with Superlattices (Nauka, Moscow, 1989).Google Scholar
- 5.S. V. Kryuchkov and G. A. Syrodoev, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz. 33, 1427 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.F. G. Bass, S. V. Kryuchkov, and A. I. Shapovalov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 29, 19 (1995) [Semiconductors 29, 9 (1995)].Google Scholar
- 7.V. I. Ozhogin and V. L. Preobrazhenskii, Usp. Fiz. Nauk 155, 593 (1988) [Sov. Phys. Usp. 31, 713 (1988)].Google Scholar
- 8.D. McLaughlin and A. Scott, Solitons in Action, Ed. by K. Lonngren and A. Scott (Academic, New York, 1978; Mir, Moscow, 1981).Google Scholar