Quark masses and specific scaling in deep-inelastic processes
- 28 Downloads
Within an operator-product expansion, the problem of the quark-mass dependence of the heavy-flavor contribution to the structure function F2 in the current-fragmentation region is considered at high values of the momentum transfer squared Q2. A linear combination of the structure functions F2c and F2 is found that possesses a specific scaling property for Q2 → ∞ at small fixed values of the Bjorken variable x. A lower bound on the ratio F2c/F2 is calculated and is compared with data obtained at the HERA collider.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H1 Collab. (C. Adloff et al.), Phys. Lett. B 467, 156 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Kisselev and V. A. Petrov, Yad. Fiz. 60, 1680 (1997) [Phys. At. Nucl. 60, 1533 (1997)].Google Scholar
- 6.J. C. Collins, Renormalization (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1984; Mir, Moscow, 1988).Google Scholar
- 7.J. C. Collins, Phys. Rev. D 58, 094002 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.ZEUS Collab., Paper submitted to the 30th International Conference on High-Energy Physics (ICHEP2000), Osaka, Japan, 2000, Abstract 853.Google Scholar