Effect of the field of a nonlinear electromagnetic wave on the shape of a soliton in a semiconductor superlattice
- 33 Downloads
The effect of the electric component of the field of a high-frequency (HF) nonlinear electromagnetic (EM) wave on the propagation of a solitary EM wave (soliton) in a quantum semiconductor superlattice is studied. It is noted that in the collisionless approximation, the solution of the modified sine-Gordon equation corresponding to the amplification of an EM pulse that, with allowance made for interminiband electron transitions, transforms into a dissipative soliton is possible. The effect of electron collisions with irregularities of the crystal lattice on the soliton dynamics under the action of the field of a HF nonlinear wave is considered. The condition for an increase in the traveling time of the solitary wave is found.
KeywordsSoliton Solitary Wave Dissipative Soliton Soliton Dynamic Electron Free Path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. A. Akhmanov, V. A. Vysloukh, and A. S. Chirkin, The Optics of Femtosecond Pulses (Nauka, Moscow, 1988).Google Scholar
- 3.É. M. Épshtein, Fiz. Tverd. Tela (Leningrad) 19, 3456 (1977) [Sov. Phys. Solid State 19, 2020 (1977)].Google Scholar
- 5.É. M. Épshtein, Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Radiofiz. 24, 1293 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.F. G. Bass, S. V. Kryuchkov, and A. I. Shapovalov, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. (St. Petersburg) 29, 19 (1995) [Semiconductors 29, 9 (1995)].Google Scholar
- 7.F. G. Bass, A. A. Bulgakov, and A. P. Tetervov, High-Frequency Properties of Semiconductors with Superlattices (Nauka, Moscow, 1989).Google Scholar
- 10.R. H. Pantell and H. E. Puthoff, Fundamentals of Quantum Electronics (Wiley, New York, 1969; Mir, Moscow, 1972).Google Scholar