A model describing the phenomenon of the electron current in a plane plasma slab bounded by parallel dielectric walls in the presence of a homogeneous magnetic field perpendicular to the walls and an electric field oriented along the walls is presented. The current flows along the electric field because of the electron collisions with diffusely scattering walls. The model takes into account the presence of Debye layers and the non-Maxwellian character of the electron distribution function. Collisions in the plasma volume are ignored.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Distribution Function Current Flow Plasma Volume Electron Distribution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Bugrova and A. I. Morozov, in Ion Injectors and Plasma Accelerations, Ed. by A. I. Morozov and N. N. Semashko (Énergoatomizdat, Moscow, 1990), p. 42.Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Morozov, Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 3, 19 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.A. I. Morozov and V. V. Savelyev, in Reviews of Plasma Physics, Ed. by B. B. Kadomtsev and V. D. Shafranov (Consultant Bureau, New York, 2000), Vol. 21, p. 203.Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Arkhipov, R. Yu. Gnizder, N. A. Maslennikov, and A. I. Morozov, Fiz. Plazmy 18, 1241 (1992) [Sov. J. Plasma Phys. 18, 641 (1992)].Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Volkov and A. I. Morozov, Pis'ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 6, 909 (1980) [Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett. 6, 393 (1980)].Google Scholar
- 6.I. M. Bronshtein and B. S. Fraiman, Secondary Electron Emission (Nauka, Moscow, 1969).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Morozov and A. P. Shubin, Pis'ma Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 10, 20 (1984) [Sov. Tech. Phys. Lett. 10, 12 (1984)].Google Scholar
- 8.A. I. Morozov, Zh. Tekh. Fiz. 57, 1512 (1987) [Sov. Phys. Tech. Phys. 32, 901 (1987)].Google Scholar