Towards a knowledge economy: the role of innovative projects in the reindustrialization of Novosibirsk oblast
- 36 Downloads
The paper shows Novosibirsk oblast’s reindustrialization program as an instrument of strategic planning and structuring of interactions between participants of innovative projects. Rationale is provided for how the strategic maneuver and innovative vector of the reindustrialization program can reinforce interactions between scientific institutes, universities, and innovative companies and ensure demand for innovation given the current insufficient interest in innovative development on the part of large businesses. An outline is given for the competences of the main innovation actors in Novosibirsk oblast capable of implementing innovative projects to develop a knowledge economy. A typology of reindustrialization projects is proposed in terms of the level and significance of problems to be addressed and their impact on the regional economy. The typology highlights flagship and infrastructure projects as well as national-, interregional-, and regional-level projects. We discuss some of the risks associated with the project’s implementation and ways of mitigating those risks through a combination of federal and regional support measures.
KeywordsNovosibirsk oblast innovations science reindustrialization project typology infrastructure projects government support risks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aganbegyan, A.G., How to overcome stagnation and restore economic development, EKO, 2016, no. 2, pp. 5–14.Google Scholar
- 2.Evseenko, A.V., Kuleshov, V.V., and Untura, G.A., Formation of national and regional innovation institutions in Russia, in Sovremennaya rol’ ekonomiki Sibiri v narodnokhozyaistvennom komplekse Rossii (The Modern Role of the Siberia's Economy in the National Economic Complex of Russia), Kuleshov, V.V., Ed., Novosibirsk: Inst. Ekon. Org. Prom. Proizvod., Sib. Otd., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2014, pp. 107–136.Google Scholar
- 3.Kravchenko, N.A., Klistorin, V.I., Zhdan, G.V., and Averkin, P.A., The management system of the Program for Reindustrialization of the Economy of Novosibirsk Oblast, Reg.: Ekon. Sotsiol., 2016, no. 2(90), pp. 62–80.Google Scholar
- 5.Mindeli, L.E. and Medvedeva, T.Yu., Akademicheskaya nauka v innovatsionnom razvitii Rossii (The Role of Academic Science in the Innovative Development of Russia), Moscow: Inst. Psikhol., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2013.Google Scholar
- 6.Pal’ne-Kovach, I., Development of the knowledge economics: the role of local authorities, Reg.: Ekon. Sotsiol., 2015, no. 4(88), pp. 261–275.Google Scholar
- 7.Problemy razvitiya innovatsionnogo predprinimatel’stva na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh (The Problems of Development of Innovative Entrepreneurship at Industrial Enterprises), Titov, V.V. and Markova, V.D., Eds., Novosibirsk: Inst. Ekon. Org. Prom. Proizvod., Sib. Otd., Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2014.Google Scholar