Macro- and Microelement Water Composition of the Volga River Delta and Its Interannual Variability
- 25 Downloads
Spatial variations of the chemical composition of the Volga River delta waters and its interannual variability were estimated on the basis of long-term data on the content of macro components, biogenic ele-ments, and trace elements. It was shown that the significant transformation inside the delta is peculiar only to the biogenic element runoff, which is influenced by production–destruction processes, whereas the migra-tion of the major ions and dissolved trace elements in the delta watersheds occurs without any essential vari-ations.
Keywordschemical composition of water major ions trace elements interannual variability Volga River delta
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brekhovskikh, V.F., Katunin, D.N., Ostrovskaya, E.A., Perekal’skii, V.M., and Popova, O.V., Heavy metal transportation and accumulation processes in the Lower Volga River, Water Resour., 1999, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 400–410.Google Scholar
- Chuiko, E.V. and Popova, O.V., Heavy metals in the water of the Volga River delta, in Mater. I mezhd. nauchno-prakt. konf. molodykh uchenykh “Kompleksnye issledo-vaniya biologicheskikh resursov yuzhnykh morei i rek” (Proc. I Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. of Young Scientists “Complex Studies of Biological Resources of Southern Seas and Rivers”), Astrakhan: Kasp. Nauchno-Issled. Inst. Rechn. Ozern. Khoz., 2004, pp. 206–209.Google Scholar
- Gordeev, V.V., Geokhimiya sistemy reka–more (Geochemistry of the River–Sea System), Moscow: IP Matushkina I.I., 2012.Google Scholar
- Leonov, A.V. and Dubinin, A.V., Suspended and dissolved forms of nutrients: their relationships and interaction in the major tributaries of the Caspian Sea, Water Resour., 2001, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 231–248.Google Scholar
- Moiseenko, T.I., Gashkina, N.A., Sharova, Yu.N., and Pokoeva, A.G., Ecotoxicological assessment of after-effects of the Volga River water contamination, Water Resour., 2005, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 369–383.Google Scholar
- Savenko, A.V., Brekhovskikh, V.F., and Labunskaya, E.N., Year-to-year variations in the distribution of dissolved forms of biogenic elements in Volga delta water and their correlation with phytoplankton biomass varia-tions, Arid Ecosyst., 2011, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 241–245.Google Scholar
- Savenko, A.V., Brekhovskikh, V.F., and Pokrovskii, O.S., Migration of dissolved trace elements in the mixing zone between Volga River water and Caspian seawater: results of observations over many years, Geochem. Int., 2014, vol. 52, no. 7, pp. 533–547.Google Scholar