Epigenetic aspects of peptidergic regulation of vascular endothelial cell proliferation in aging
- 20 Downloads
Short peptides, vesugen and D-7, stimulated the synthesis of the proliferation-associated protein Ki-67, the expression of which decreased during aging in tissue-specific cell cultures obtained from young and old animals and in dissociated vascular endothelial cell cultures. Molecular docking methods were used to reveal the possibility of binding the vesugen and D-7 peptides to the promoter regions of the MKI67 gene, which encodes the Ki-67 protein. Both peptides have contact through the CATC sequence with core promoter 5'-agcctcaaccatcaggaaaacaagagt-3', which is located in the MKI67 gene (ENSG00000148773) from -14 to +12 bp relative to the transcriptional initiation site. Thus, the vasoprotective effect of vesugen, which was previously revealed in elder people, can be manifested through epigenetic regulation of the Ki-67 gene expression.
Keywordsepigenetics peptides proliferation vascular endothelium aging molecular modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bashkireva, A.S. and Artamonova, V.G., Peptidergic correction of neurotic sates of the lorry drivers, Usp. Gerontol., 2012, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 718–728.Google Scholar
- 2.Kitachev, K.V., Sazonov, A.B., Kozlov, K.L., et al., Role of vasoactive peptide for treatment of chronic arterial insufficiency of low limb, Usp. Gerontol., 2013, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 292–296.Google Scholar
- 3.Pal’tsev, M.A., Kvetnoi, I.M., Polyakova, V.O., et al., Signal molecules: place and role in individual diagnostics, treatment, and prophylactics of important social diseases, Mol. Med., 2012, no. 5, pp. 3–8.Google Scholar
- 5.Fedoreyeva, L.I., Kireev, I.I., Khavinson, V.Kh., and Vanyushin, B.F., Penetration of short fluorescence labeled peptides into the nucleus in HeLa cells and in vitro specific interaction of the peptides with deoxyribooligonucleotides and DNA, Biochemistry, 2011, vol. 76, no. 11, pp. 1505–1516.Google Scholar
- 9.Khavinson, V.Kh., Grigoriev, E.I., Malinin, V.V., and Ryzhak, G.A., US Patent 7851449, 2010.Google Scholar
- 16.Chemical Computing Group, Molecular Operating Environment, 2012.Google Scholar