Development of an Efficient Method for Polyphenylene Sulfide Production
- 8 Downloads
The key methods for polyphenylene sulfide production are discussed in this study. The mechanisms for the main and side reactions taking place during polyphenylene sulfide synthesis are presented. The effect of different factors on the course of polyphenylene sulfide production is demonstrated; these factors are found to play a crucial role in formation of polymers with linear and cyclic macromolecular structure. An efficient method for high-temperature synthesis of polyphenylene sulfide in a high-boiling point solvent is proposed. The resulting polyphenylene sulfide is characterized by high values of heat resistance, thermal stability, and melting point.
Keywordspolyphenylene sulfide synthesis reaction mechanisms structure properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Murzakanova, M.M., Borukaev, T.A., and Ligidova, M.M., Polyphenylene sulfide as a highly effective polymer of modern industry, Izv. Kabardino-Balkarskogo Gos. Univ., 2015, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 58–62.Google Scholar
- 2.Polyphenylene sulfide. https://doi.org/www.olenta.ru/info/?news=44. Accessed May 16, 2015.
- 3.Fortron 1140L4: specifications. https://doi.org/catalog.ides.com/Datasheet.aspx?I=26793&E=239. Accessed December 6, 2016.
- 4.DIC FZ–2140: specifications. https://doi.org/www.dicglobal.com/jp/en/products/pps/pdf/dic_pps_fz2140.pdf. Accessed December 6, 2016.
- 5.Doroshenko, Yu.E., Lovkov, S.S., and Chebotar’ev, V.P., Analysis of synthesis and properties of poly(arylene ether sulfide sulfones), Plast. Massy, 2011, no. 1, pp. 35–39.Google Scholar
- 6.Shakhmurzova, K.T., Kurdanova, Zh.I., Zhansitov, A.A., et al., Synthesis and properties of poly(arylene ether sulfide sulfones), Izv. Kabardino-Balkarskogo Gos. Univ., 2017, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 59–62.Google Scholar
- 7.Bitt, V.V., Kudryavtseva, M.V., Ivanov, A.N., et al., Modification of polyphenylene sulfide by additives, Konstr. Kompoz. Mater., 2016, no. 3 (143), pp. 51–57.Google Scholar
- 8.Ergin, K.S., Cherdyntsev, V.V., and Kaloshin, S.D., The physico-mechanical properties of protective composite coatings based on polyphenylene sulfide, Sovrem. Probl. Nauki Obraz., 2015, no. 5, p.128.Google Scholar
- 9.Baranov, A.B., Tsapenko, I.N., Petrogradskii, A.V., Simonov-Emel’yanov, I.D., and Shembel’, N.L., Rheological properties and thermal stability of cast compositions based on polyphenylene sulphides, Tonkie Khim. Tekhnol., 2017, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 100–104.Google Scholar
- 10.Kaloshin, S.D., Ergin, K.S., and Cherdyntsev, V.V., RF Patent 2544644. Byull. Izobret., 2015, no.8.Google Scholar
- 11.Senatov, F.S., Maksimkin, A.V., and Ergin, K.S., Analysis of the structure of coatings based on polyphenylene sulfide by the scanning electron microscopy and optical profilometry, Sovrem. Probl. Nauki Obraz., 2012, no. 5, pp. 129–135.Google Scholar