A New Finding of Paridea angulicollis (Motschulsky, 1854) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Galerucinae) in Primorsky Krai
- 10 Downloads
A new finding of the alien leaf beetle Paridea angulicollis (Motschulsky, 1854) in the south of Primorsky krai is described. This insect is a potential pest of cultivated plant species of the family Cucurbitaceae in the south of the Far East.
Keywords:leaf beetles pests Cucurbitaceae Primorsky krai
I am grateful to A.O. Ben’kovski (Severtsov Institute of Ecology and Evolution, General Entomology and Soil Zoology Laboratory, Zelenograd) and P.V. Krestov and E.A. Pimenova (Botanical Garden-Institute, Far Eastern Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences, Vladivostok) for valuable advice and assistance in collecting the material. This study was supported by the Russian Science Foundation, project no. 16-14-10031.
COMPLIANCE WITH ETHICAL STANDARDS
Conflict of interests. The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
Statement on the welfare of animals. All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- 1.Catalogue of Palaearctic Coleoptera, Löbl, L. and Smetana, A., Eds., Stenstrup: Apollo Books, 2010, vol. 6.Google Scholar
- 2.Golub, V.B., Tsurikov, M.N., and Prokin, A.A., Kollektsii nasekomykh: sbor, obrabotka i khranenie materiala (Collections of Insects: Data Acceptance, Processing, and Storage of Material), Moscow: KMK, 2012.Google Scholar
- 3.Lopatin, I.K., Aleksandrovich, O.R., and Konstantinov, A.S., Check List of Leaf-Beetle (Chrysomelidae, Coleoptera) of the Eastern Europe and Northern Asia, Olsztyn: Mantis, 2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Medvedev, L.N., Chrysomelidae family, in Opredelitel’ nasekomykh Dal’nego Vostoka SSSR (The Determinant of Insects in the Far East of the USSR), St. Petersburg: Nauka, 1992, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 533–602.Google Scholar
- 5.Medvedev, L.N. and Roginskaya, E.Ya., Katalog kormovykh rastenii listoedov SSSR (Catalogue of Fodder Plants for Leaf-Cutting Beetles in the USSR), Moscow: Nauka, 1988.Google Scholar
- 6.Orlova-Bienkowskaja, M.Ja. and Bienkowski, A.O., Paridea angulicollis (Motschulsky, 1854) (Coleoptera: Chrysomelidae: Galerucinae) is a new genus species for Russia, Kavk. Entomol. Byull., 2014, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 85–87.Google Scholar
- 7.Rasteniya, griby i lishainiki Sikhote-Alinskogo zapovednika (Plants, Fungi, and Lichens of the Sikhote-Alin Reserve), Pimenova, E.A., Ed., Vladivostok: Dal’nauka, 2016.Google Scholar
- 8.Sergeev, M.E., The state of knowledge of leaf-cutting beetles (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae) in Primorye Territory, Usp. Nauki o Zhizni, 2015, vol. 10, pp. 117–123.Google Scholar
- 9.Warchalowski, A., The Palearctic Chrysomelidae. Identification Keys, Warzawa: Warzawska Drukarnia Naukowa, 2010, vol. 2.Google Scholar