Effect of Delays in Rate Sensor Channels on the Accuracy of Navigation Solution of Strapdown Inertial Navigation System
The effect of mutual delays in rate sensor (RS) channels on the accuracy of a strapdown inertial navigation system (SINS) has been studied. Two types of SINS motion have been identified, for which the delays of about one microsecond in the RS channels result in significant navigation errors. Sensitivity of navigation errors to the deviations from these motions has been investigated, as well as the effect of delays in the RS channels on real trajectories registered in course of flight tests.
Keywordsstrapdown inertial navigation system rate sensor channels delay navigation solution errors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Golovan, A.A., and Parusnikov, N.A., Matematicheskie osnovy navigatsionnykh system. Chast 1. Matematicheskie modeli inertsial’noi navigatsii (Mathematical Fundamentals of Navigation Systems. Part 1. Mathematical Models of Inertial Navigation), Ed. 3, MAKS Press, Moscow, 2011.Google Scholar
- 4.Emel’yantsev, G.I., and Stepanov, A.P., Integrirovannye inertsial’no-sputnikovye sistemy orientatsii i navigatsii (Integrated Inertial Satellite systems of Orientation and Navigation), ed. Acad. V.G. Peshekhonov, Concern CSRI Elektropribor, St. Petersburg, 2016.Google Scholar
- 5.Slyusar’, V.M., Problems of Strapdown Attitude Algorithms Design. Part 3. Dynamic Generalization of Algorithms Design Task, Giroskopiya i navigatsiya, 2006, no. 4, pp. 61–75.Google Scholar
- 6.Slyusar’, V.M., On Effect of Instrumental Factors on Strapdown Attitude Drift Rate, Giroskopiya i navigatsiya, 2007, no. 1(56), pp. 47–61.Google Scholar
- 7.Kukhtevich, S.E., Rafel’son, V.F., and Fomichev, A.V., Strapdown Inertial Navigation System Errors Caused by Asynchronism of Angular Rates and Linear Accelerations Measurement Channels and Accelerometer Unit Configuration, Trudy MIEA, 2011, no. 3, pp. 86–95.Google Scholar
- 8.Bogdanov, O.N., and Fomichev, A.V., On Simulation of Ideal Readings of SINS Sensors in Random Movement of Vehicle, Trudy MIEA, 2013, no. 5, pp. 46–59.Google Scholar