Experimental estimation of delivery success of navigation data packages transmitted via digital hydroacoustic communication channel
- 39 Downloads
The paper reports the experimental research and provides the obtained quantitative and qualitative dependencies of underwater acoustic (UWA) modem performance, particularly, delivery success of navigation data packages on the main characteristics of hydroacoustic communication channel. Experiments were carried out at the sea shelf near the island of Palmaria (Italy, Mediterranean) during CommsNet13 marine expedition organized by the Center for Maritime Research and Experimentation (CMRE, La Spezia) using UWA S2C modems by Evologics, Germany.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aguiar, A.P. and Pascoal, A., Cooperative control of multiple autonomous marine vehicles: Theoretical foundations and practical issues, in Further Advances in Unmanned Marine Vehicles, IET, Roberts, G. and Sutton, R., Eds., 2012. doi 10.1049/PBCE077EGoogle Scholar
- 2.Kebkal, O., Komar, M., and Kebkal, K., D-MAC: Hybrid media access control for underwater acoustic sensor networks, in Proceedings of IEEE Communications Workshops (ICC), IEEE International Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, ISBN: 978-1-4244- 6824-9, 2010.Google Scholar
- 3.Kebkal, K.G., Kebkal, A.K., Kebkal, O.G., and Bannasch, R., Modelling and validation of basic characteristics in underwater acoustic sweep-spread-carrier communications, in Underwater Technology 2015 IEEE, 23–25 Feb. 2015, doi 10.1109/UT.2015.7108312.Google Scholar
- 4.Sagalovich, Yu.L., Vvedenie v algebraicheskie kody (Introduction to Algebraic Codes), Moscow: MFTI, 2007, ISBN 5-7417-0191-4.Google Scholar
- 5.Morelos-Zaragoza, R., The Art of Error Control Coding: Fundamentals and Applications, Prentice Hall, 2005.Google Scholar
- 7.Bannasch, R. and Kebkal, K., US Patent 6,985,749B2, Jan. 10, 2006.Google Scholar
- 9.Kebkal, O.G., Kebkal, K.G., and Komar, M., Development of upper-layer protocols with S2CR acoustic modems emulator, in Proc. Conf. on Underwater Communications: Channel Modelling and Validation, UCOMMS, 12–14 September 2012, Sestri Levante, Italy.Google Scholar
- 10.Kebkal, K., Kebkal, O., and Glushko, E., Propagation time estimation between underwater acoustic modems during data exchange via synchronous instant messages, in Proceedings of the OCEANS 2014 MTS/IEEE Conference and Exhibition, IEEE, Taipei, Taiwan.Google Scholar
- 11.Acoustic Modems. Product Description, http://www.evologics.de/en/products/acoustics/index.html.Google Scholar
- 14.Kebkal, K.G., Kebkal, A.G., Kebkal, V.K., and Petroccia, R., Synchronization tools of acoustic communication devices in control of underwater sensors, distributed antennas, and autonomous underwater vehicles, Gyroscopy and Navigation, 2014, vol. 5 (4), pp. 257–265.Google Scholar
- 16.Odenwalder, J.P., Error Control Coding Handbook, Linkabit Corporation, San Diego, California, July 15, 1976.Google Scholar
- 17.Mayerhans, G., Interleaver and Code Design for parallel and serial concatenated convolutional codes, A Diploma Thesis, Department of Electrical Engineering, Notre Dame, Indiana.Google Scholar