Model based control of a quadrotor with tiltable rotors
Micro Aerial Vehicles (MAV) with vertical takeoff and landing capabilities such as quadrotors are often used as sensor platforms. The carried equipment like cameras or LASER range finders has to be aligned to some point of interest. In this article a modified type of a quadrotor will be presented: a quadrotor with tiltable rotors which in contrast to common quadrotors is able to perform independent velocity and attitude movements. This ability makes additional aligning equipment to move the payload redundant. After a system description, the used control algorithm based on Nonlinear Inverse Dynamics (NID) is explained. In this article an extension of this approach is presented. The pseudo control hedging method removes the influence of the actuator dynamics from the control loop. The extension and its integration into the control algorithm are explained and the influence on the quality of control is demonstrated by simulation results.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bouabdallah, S. and Siegwart, R., Full control of a quadrotor, IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2007, pp. 153–158.Google Scholar
- 3.Holzapfel, F., Nichtlineare adaptive Regelung eines unbemannten Fluggera¨tes, PhD thesis, Technische Universita¨t München, 2004.Google Scholar
- 4.Isidori, A., Nonlinear Control Systems, Springer Verlag, third edition, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Johnson, E.N., Limited authority adaptive flight control, PhD thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2000.Google Scholar
- 6.Kim, N., Improved methods in neural network-based adaptive output feedback control, with applications to flight control, PhD thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2003.Google Scholar
- 9.Krüger, T., Zur Anwendung neuronaler Netzwerke in adaptiven Flugregelungssystemen, Dissertation, Technische Universita¨t Carolo-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig, 2012.Google Scholar
- 11.Mohd Basri, M., Husain, A., and Danapalasingam, K., Enhanced backstepping controller design with application to autonomous quadrotor unmanned aerial vehicle, Journal of Intelligent & Robotic Systems, 2014, pp. 1–27.Google Scholar
- 13.Nemati, A. and Kumar, M., Modeling and control of a single axis tilting quadcopter, 2014 American Control Conference, pp. 3077–3082.Google Scholar
- 14.Orsag, M. and Bogdan, S., Hybrid control of quadrotor, 17th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, 2009, pp. 1239–1244.Google Scholar
- 15.Ryll, M., Bülthoff, H.H. and Giodano, P.R., Modeling and control of a quadrotor UAV with tilting propellers, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2012, pp. 4606–4613.Google Scholar
- 16.Ryll, M., Bülthoff, H.H., and Giodano, P.R., First flight tests for a quadrotor UAV with tilting propellers, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2013.Google Scholar