Integrated marine gravimetric system. Development and operation results
- 73 Downloads
The paper discusses a mobile gravimeter Chekan-AM, which is the further development of sea gravimetric systems created by the CSRI Elektropribor in the course of thirty years. The basic designs of the gravity sensor and gyro stabilization system are considered. The results of long-term operation of gravimeters used by Russian and foreign companies for marine geophysical surveys conducted in different areas of the Arctic, Atlantic, Indian and Pacific Oceans are presented. The comparison of the results obtained with the results of seismic survey has shown that gravimetric data offer considerable promise for oil and gas searching on the shelf.
KeywordsSeismic Survey Gravity Survey Servo Drive Gravity Sensor Gravimetric Survey
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blazhnov, B.A., Nesenyuk, L.P., Peshekhonov, V.G., Sokolov, A.V., Elinson, L.S., and Zheleznyak, L.K., Integrated Mobile Gravimetric System. Development and Test Results, 9th St. Petersburg Int. Conf. on Integrated Navigation Systems, St. Petersburg: Elektropribor, 2002, pp. 223–232.Google Scholar
- 2.Nesenjuk, L.P., Peshekhonov, V.G., and Elinson, L.S., Marine Gravity Systems, First Annual Workshop “Russian Airborne Geophysics and Remote Sensing”, Golden, Colo., 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.Nesenyuk, L.P., Peshekhonov, V.G., Elinson, L.S., and Zheleznyak, L.K., Marine Gravimetric Systems, Morskaya aerogravimetriya, 1994, no. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.Elinson, L.S., Sokolov A.V., Vavilov, A.V., Bronshtein, I.G., Tsytsulin, A.K., and Umnikov, D.V., RF Patent 2198414 C1 7 G01 V 7/00, 7/02., Byulleten, 2003, no. 4.Google Scholar
- 5.Vavilov, A.V. and Sokolov, A.V., The Peculiarities of and Prospects for Application of Linear-Type Charge-Coupled Devices, Giroskopiya Navigatsiya, 2002, no. 4, p. 80.Google Scholar
- 6.Sokolov, A.V., Usov, S.V., and Elinson, L.S., Experience of Gravity Survey in Marine Seismic Operations, Giroskopiya Navigatsiya, 2000, no. 1, pp. 39–51.Google Scholar
- 7.Rzhevskii, N.N., Sokolov, A.V., Usov, S.V., and Elinson, L.S., Experience of Using Chekan-A Gravimetric System in Seismic Operations Abroad, Geofizicheskii vestnik, 1999, no. 12, pp. 8–11.Google Scholar