Regularities of Solvation of Halide Ions in Protic and Aprotic Media
- 1 Downloads
Regularities of interaction of halide anions with molecules of protic and aprotic solvent in the near coordination sphere and their effect on solvation in solutions are considered. While the solvation energy in an aprotic solvent is mainly represented by the electric component, the solvation energy in protic media also contains in addition to the electric component the chemical one related to the hydrogen bond. A microscopic model of interaction between the anion and proton solvent molecule is suggested that simulates the hydrogen atom dynamics in the field of the proton donor and acceptor and allows explaining the mechanism of formation of the chemical solvation energy component.
Keywords:anion solvation protic and aprotic solvents electric and chemical solvation energy components
This work was financially supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project no. 16-03-01078.
- 1.Reichardt, C., Solvents and Solvent Effect in Organic Chemistry, Weinheim: VCH, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.Problemy khimii rastvorov. Ionnaya sol’vatatsiya (Problems on Solution Chemistry. Ion Solvation), Krestov, G.A., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1987.Google Scholar
- 4.Vorotyntsev, M.A. and Kornyshev, A.A., Elektrostatika sred s prostranstvennoi dispersiei (Electrostatics of Media with Spatial Dispersion), Moscow: Nauka, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Rubashkin, A.A., Konev, D.V., and Vorotyntsev, M.A., Mezhdunar. Nauchno-Issled. Zh., 2016, no. 5 (47), part 5, p. 112.Google Scholar
- 8.Kuklin, R.N., Ustoichivost’ adsorbtsionnykh faz. Razmernye kriterii nanoelektrokhimii (Stability of Adsorptive Phases. Dimensional Criteria for Nano-Electrochemistry), Moscow: GEOS, 2015.Google Scholar
- 9.Eyring, H.J., Lin, S.H., and Lin, S.M., Basic Chemical Kinetics (New York, Chichester, Brisbane, Toronto: Wiley, 1980.Google Scholar
- 10.Born, M. and Huang, K., Dynamical Theory of Crystal Lattices, Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 1954.Google Scholar
- 13.Kratkii spravochnik fiziko-khimicheskikh velichin (Brief Handbook of Physicochemical Quantities), Ravdel’, A.A. and Mishchenko, K.P., Eds., Leningrad: Khimiya, 1974.Google Scholar
- 15.Gordon, A.J. and Ford, R.A., The Chemist’s Companion: A Handbook of Practical Data, Techniques, and References, New York: Wiley, 1972.Google Scholar
- 16.Tanida, H., Sacane, H., and Watanabe, I., J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1994, p. 2321.Google Scholar