Synthesis and Characterization of a Bis-Pyrazoline Derivative as Corrosion Inhibitor for A283 Carbon Steel in 1M HCl: Electrochemical, Surface, DFT and MD Simulation Studies
- 30 Downloads
The effect of a new synthesized bis-pyrazoline derivative namely: 5,5'-(1,4-phenylene) bis [1‑formyl-4,5-dihydro-3-phenyl-1H pyrazole] (Bis-Pyr) on carbon steel corrosion in 1M HCl was investigated using weight loss, potentiodynamic polarization and EIS measurement. DFT calculation and molecular dynamics simulation were used to confirm the experimental results. The results showed that inhibition efficiency of the (Bis-Pyr) compound increases with the increase of its concentration and acts as a mixed type inhibitor, e.i affecting both anodic and cathodic reactions. The adsorption of the compound on steel surface is both physical and chemical adsorptions and follows Langmuir isotherm. The surface morphology of the steel surface was carried out by scanning electron microscopy (SEM). The data obtained from theoretical and experimental studies were in reasonable agreement.
Keywords:carbon steel corrosion bis-pyrazoline derivative SEM DFT
The authors express their sincere thanks to the directors of the laboratories (LCATM), (LSAME) of Larbi ben M’Hidi University, Oum El Bouaghi and the director of laboratory (LMBAA) of Tebessa University, Algeria for their support of this work. The help rendered by Doctor Paul MOSSET, Rennes-1 university luck now for spectral analysis was also gratefully knowledge.
- 2.Arouji, S.E., Ismaili, K., Zerrouki, A., et al., Pharma Chem., 2015, vol. 7, no. 10, p. 23.Google Scholar
- 9.Eddy, N.O., Momoh Yahaya, H., and Oguzie, E.E., RCS Adv., 2015, vol. 6, p. 203.Google Scholar
- 11.Patel, P., Koregaokar, S., Shah, M., and Parekh, H., Farmaco, 1996, vol. 51, p. 59.Google Scholar
- 13.Fathalla, O.A., Zaki, M.E., Swelam, S.A., et al., Acta Pol. Pharm., 2003, vol. 60, p. 51.Google Scholar
- 18.Obot, I.B., Kaya, S., Kaya, C., and Tuzun, B., Phys. E (Amsterdam, Neth.), 2016, vol. 80, p. 82.Google Scholar
- 23.ASTM G 31-72: Standard Practice for Laboratory Immersion Corrosion Testing of Metals, Philadelphia, PA: American Society for Testing and Materials, 1990.Google Scholar
- 24.Materials Studio, Revision 7.0., San Diego, CA: Accelrys, 2013.Google Scholar
- 34.Kharbach, Y., Haoudi, A., Skalli, M.K., et al., J. Mater. Environ. Sci., 2015, vol. 6, no. 10, p. 2906.Google Scholar
- 47.Macdonald, J.R. and Johanson, W.B., Theory in Impedance Spectroscopy, New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1987.Google Scholar