Synthesis of Modified Carbon Sorbents and a Study of Their Antioxidant Properties
- 15 Downloads
Carbon sorbents modified with poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone), betulin, and poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) together with betulin have been synthesized. The synthesized samples have been studied by a complex of physicochemical methods (low-temperature nitrogen adsorption, thermal analysis, elemental analysis). Under model conditions, the antioxidant properties of the modified sorbents with respect to their ability to deactivate hydrogen peroxide have been studied. The effect of the carbon sorbents on the hydrogen peroxide decomposition rate has been determined by the gasometric method; the reaction rate constants have been calculated. Dependences of the hydrogen peroxide concentration on the time of contact with the test sorbents have been studied by the optical method using an LIR-2 interferometer.
Keywords:carbon sorbent poly(N-vinylpyrrolidone) betulin modification physicochemical properties antioxidant properties
We thank N.V. Antonicheva (Institute of Hydrocarbon Processing, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences) for conducting the thermal analysis and O.V. Krol’ (Institute of Hydrocarbon Processing, Siberian Branch, Russian Academy of Sciences) for conducting the elemental analysis of the samples.
This work was supported by the Federal Agency for Scientific Organizations of Russia in accordance with the Program for Basic Research of the State Academies of Sciences for 2013–2020, direction no. 45 “Scientific Foundations for Designing Novel Materials with Desired Properties and Functions, Particularly High-Purity and Nanoscale Materials,” theme no. V.45.2.8 “Scientific and Technological Foundations for the Development of Novel Materials Based on Nanoglobular Carbon for Nanoindustry and Medicine”; state registration in the Unified State Information System for Recording the Results of Research and Development Works no. AAAA-A17-117021450093-7.
The physicochemical studies of the original materials and the test samples were conducted using the equipment of the Omsk Regional Center for Collective Use of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Omsk).
- 1.Alykova, T.V., Alykov, N.N., Alykov, N.M., et al., Ekol. Prom-st. Ross., 2015, no. 6, pp. 55–57.Google Scholar
- 2.Dontsov, V.I., Krut’ko, V.N., Mrikaev, B.M., et al., Tr. Inst. Sist. Anal. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 2006, vol. 19, pp. 50–69.Google Scholar
- 3.Savel’chev, A.P., Shilyaeva, Yu.N., Il’yazov, M.F., et al., RF Patent 2423985 C1, 2010.Google Scholar
- 4.RF Patent 2356558 C2, 2007.Google Scholar
- 5.Kapizova, A.M., Sadomtseva, O.S., Resnyanskaya, A.S., et al., Nauchn. Zh. Kuban. Gos. Agrar. Univ., 2016, no. 118 (04), pp. 1–10.Google Scholar
- 7.Liu, X., Sen, S., Liu, J., et al., Small, 2011, no. 19, pp. 2775–2785.Google Scholar
- 10.Razrabotka uglerodnykh sorbentov i perspektivy ikh primeneniya v akusherskoi praktike (Development of Carbon Sorbents and Trends for their Applying in Obstetric Practice), Barinov, S.V., et al., Eds., Omsk: Izd. Maksheevoi, E.A., 2015, p. 1223.Google Scholar
- 12.Poli-N-vinilpirrolidon i drugie poli-N-vinilamidy (Poly-N-Vinylpyrrolidone and other Poly-N-vinylamides), Kirsh, Yu.E., Ed., Moscow: Nauka, 1998, p. 252.Google Scholar
- 14.Shikhaliev, Kh.S., Medvedeva, S.M., and Krysin, M.Yu., Kondens. Sredy Mezhfaznye Granitsy, 2014, no. 2, pp. 225–227.Google Scholar
- 15.P’yanova, L.G., Baklanova, O.N., Likholobov, V.A., et al., RF Patent 2541103 C1, 2014.Google Scholar
- 17.Kurenkova, A.E., Ermolaev, A.D., and Chernov, A.V., Materialy 67-oi itogovoi mezhvyzovskoi (2-oi vserossiiskoi) nauchnoi studencheskoi konferentsii “Veritas victit/ Istina pobezhdaet” (Proc. 67th Concluding Inter-University (2nd All-Russian) Scientific Students’ Conference “Veritas Victit/Truth Wins”), Chelyabinsk, 2013, pp. 184–185.Google Scholar
- 20.Georgi, A. and Kopinke, F.D., Appl. Catal., B, 2005, nos. 1–2, pp. 9–18.Google Scholar
- 21.Rey, A., Zazo, J.A., Casas, J.A., et al., Appl. Catal., A, 2011, nos. 1–2, pp. 146–155.Google Scholar
- 22.Huang, H.H., Lu, M.C., Chen, J.N., et al., Chemosphere, 2013, no. 9, pp. 935–943.Google Scholar
- 24.P’yanova, L.G., Baklanova, O.N., Likholobov, V.A., et al., Khim. Interesakh Ustoich. Razvit., 2014, no. 22, pp. 163–173.Google Scholar